Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NSCFCD#3 -- Holy Crystal Focus v5, I'm gonna DO this?!?! :)

there isnt anything stopping you from taking elements from different fonts to compile your own. however... each fonts clash and swing sounds are mixed with the specific fonts hum sound

So currently you could change the lockup in your font folder but your sizzle would turn to a regular hum on lockup. Because the CF triggers fonts this way you'd have to make your own personal lockup.

I'm so gonna buy this ahahaha. can't wait to see what you've gotten done.

now i have motivation to complete my samurai font. it's been a project for this entire year. there is too much stuff i want to do with it but never can get it down to something i'd like to use or share....
    Last edited by sekrogue1985; 09-03-2010 at 10:54 AM.
    ...YUP!

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Just copy the lock up to replace the one in the rainsizzle folder. I must be missing something because that seems too simple. Must be that the hum is mixed in with the clash in the wave file as apposed to being mixed by the CF. Yeah just checked.
    Quote Originally Posted by sithlordfaust View Post
    there isnt anything stopping you from taking elements from different fonts to compile your own. however... each fonts clash and swing sounds are mixed with the specific fonts hum sound
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    So currently you could change the lockup in your font folder but your sizzle would turn to a regular hum on lockup. Because the CF triggers fonts this way you'd have to make your own personal lockup.
    With the hum sound mixed in already, I would have 2 hum sounds (the original one mixed with the clash/swing/lockup/etc...) plus the hum of the font that I wanna use. Any chance of getting them separately or is that out of the question?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Just some updates... I'll revert back to the old school Duke Nukem game quote:

"Comin'... ... ... when it's READY! (tm)"
    lol

http://kotaku.com/5629782/duke-nukem...girls-one-duke,

/threadjack

Default just dreaming

Just had my kids watching WALL-E. Full of cool sounds. I would have to get my hands on the buttered toast to even know how to go about it.

hahhahahahahaha god I love that. I mean... it's SAD that DNF was never released... but it's like my favorite joke of all time now when telling people about release dates.

Rest assured, NO the Compendium #3 will *NOT* suffer the doomsday fate that DNF did. De-railing a bit... if ya DON'T know what the heck the story was on Duke Nukem Forever, go Google it--it's pretty funny + legendary in the gaming industry, hahah...

Regarding "Wall-E"... guess who did the sounds for that film? None other than... *drumroll* Ben Burtt!

Back on topic... uh, regarding having "lockup sound from font X" and then someone wanting to place that sound into font Y... I don't see the point. If you want to make your own fonts--by all means, go for it! I made some videos to explain just a little bit of the basics on CD#1, so... there ya go, you can make stuff to your own liking!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

UPDATE:

Ok... five fonts are already 100% completed!

Thus far, these are 3 "SW" style fonts... 1 "Special SW" style font... and 1 unique/non-SW style font.

As usual, I won't completely ruin the surprises on this upcoming compendium, but there are some new ideas going on in here, for certain. I'm excited to test some of these out more thoroughly tomorrow, and with any luck I'll get another 3-4 fonts completely by EOW.

No idea on the total amount of 100% new fonts going onto the CD, but I'm also thinking to re-release a few of the "classics" as .WAV too. This is (of course) just to support CFv5 in an "easier" fashion as well. Don't ask for me to put every single font from CD1 & 2 onto this one... it would be ridiculous and just drive up the price.

Not sure about any guest fonts this time around neither, as I haven't even addressed it... but feel free to PM me with ideas/thoughts--I'm always game.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

Quick update(s)... good stuff is happening!! A bunch of new fonts that I didn't "know" I was going to do are coming out of my bloody imagination, lol...

Mostly, these are fonts that I've been "stuck" on in the past, and somehow, the inspiration/mixing/building process is opening up the right doors I guess... so stay tuned!

Thus far, I "see":

* at least 13 fonts on my plate...
    * 6 or 7 of which are 95% or 100% done
    * 4 or 5 of which are 25% done
    * a few of which only have bare-bones work done on them

If I'm lucky, I'll be able to "boost it up" to a total of 15 or 16... and if any guest fonts get on there, great!! So, again--we'll probably have yet another CD of almost 20-ish fonts.

BUNDLES: I'll probably do *SOMETHING* with this again. Someone e-mailed/messaged me and mentioned it, and... you know what? I hadn't even thought about it. Duh.

I think it makes sense that if someone wants all three CDs... there ya go... bundle.
    I think it makes sense that if someone wants CD 2 & Compendium 3... there ya go... bundle.
    I'm not sure about going for a CD1 + Compendium 3 though... it seems a bit weird to bother...

If someday I have some kind of "cart" system, I'll get that figured out... but... I don't know.