Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: NSCFCD#3 -- Holy Crystal Focus v5, I'm gonna DO this?!?! :)

Default NSCFCD#3 -- Holy Crystal Focus v5, I'm gonna DO this?!?! :)

[[Initial post here will get edited later with updates]]

Well, I'm not going to make any guarantees... and it's of course even a subject of much debate if we *NEED* any MORE sound fonts, lol... but... let's see...

Might be a DVD! But we'll call it "CD#3" for now...

CD#3 = lots of new content... but also extra content to support the other ~40 fonts from CD#1 and CD#2. In other words...

NEW POWERON/OFFS -- CFV5 is supporting some additional powerons (and a singular additional poweroff I think), soooo... of course I'm mixing some new ones for the fonts as best I can. Plan is to essentially have 3 new powerons (+1 p-off) for ~ALL~ fonts from ~BOTH~ CDs on the CD#3... and of course: the same for the NEW fonts on CD#3. Yeesh. Is that confusing or what?!?!? hahahahah...

ADDITIONAL/ALTERNATE SOUNDS -- I've been messing around with old lockup sounds and certain "blaster" ones and such, and with any luck, there will be a whole throng of stuff to choose from for as many fonts as I can re-mix, tweak and generally "add stuff" for everyone. So... like... alternate swings that may have come from font X... will now be there for font Y (although don't expect every sound set 'ported' to EVERY font, lol... that would be a bloody NIGHTMARE x 1138 + 1138 to the power of 1138--not kidding).

Sure, some of this kind of stuff YOU can do on your own (hopefully my tutorials helped)... but, hey... you might find new stuff ya like!

V5 CONFIGURATIONS -- These are going to be quite a new animal, so I'll try to cook up something that still makes it "easy to choose" something that is matching the font type you are doing the configs for. Depending on what Erv does... this might not be a big deal!

FONTS LOOKING LIKE THEY'LL BE THERE (still no promises, since I never like to say until it's 100% true):

-- Yoda style font (I hope I can make it 'distinct'!!)
    -- Gundam style font
    -- TRON style font
    -- Video Game font (was also carried over from not making it to CD2)
    -- Knight Rider style font
    -- Elemental Earth (FINALLY, lol... was supposed to be in CD1... then CD2, lol)
    -- Crystalline Workshop (this will be a special type of font, not really at all the same as the one Madcow made, but certainly a more 'obscure' showpiece font)

Fonts I don't plan to reveal quite yet, but will generalize:

-- Martial Arts style font (we'll call it "A")
    -- Martial Arts style font (we'll call it "B")
    -- Sword/Saber type font A
    -- Sword/Saber type font B
    -- Sword/Saber type font C
    -- more to come, hopefully...

Guest fonts:

-- None confirmed yet, although I have someone in mind who has made some AWESOMELY cool fonts, one of which is just simply stellar... way better than most any of my fonts (IMHO)...

That's it for now...
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    Well, I'm not going to make any guarantees... and it's of course even a subject of much debate if we *NEED* any MORE sound fonts, lol... but... let's see...
    Sooo... thats a yes then Nova?

Sure... we dont "NEED" more soundfonts... but doesnt mean they arent wanted/coveted? How about some Blastercore fonts too if you get bored? Say, some Halo ones (soundcaps easy, plus the Spartan Laser... ).

its like saying we dont "NEED" v5 of CF

awsome nova! exciting none the less

Just some updates... now that I've got a little bit more "inspiration" lately to bust out the sweat/work on the Compendium 3...

* 90% finished with my "spotlight" font for the CD (basically, the "Rain Sizzle" of CD 3--in other words, the highlight/best one I think)
    * 90% finished with a special EP IV font... not just re-mastered or anything--you guys will see...
    * 90% finished with a special EP V font... " " " " "
    * Actually working on a font for LDM (Grievous), so... ya never know... it could make it on there! Not sure...
    * Going really well with a unique darkside font that is pretty fun and evil... I don't want to reveal it for now, but it should definitely be a good one if all goes well. So far, I like what I have, and it will make sense once I reveal it...
    * Great stuff for a non-saber font... I can't WAIT to reveal THIS one!! It should be a great surprise--a font that people will say "now why didn't we do THAT before??!?"
    * Another non-saber font... but something Gravy will like! Hint, hint, lmao...
    * Gundam fighter font going well... although I'll be honest--I don't "know" that genre well. So I'm not always sure what sound goes where. Hope I do it well enough!!
    * No work yet on the Transformers font... But soon, I hope...
    * No real work yet on the Video Game font... that is a tough one to decide what to use and what not to use...

* The "Yoda" font is not going as well as I'd hoped... it suffers the same consequences as my previous troubles with the "EP II re-mastered" font, in that the screen-accurate hum has a VERY WEIRD RESONANCE inside a saber. I personally think all the evidence/testing (even from the EP II re-M days) is pointing toward the fact that these particular frequencies are very near to or equal to the resonant frequency/length of the inner diameter of most sabers (*WHEW*)... causing reverberation that is literally a horrid thing...

In a simpler explanation... you guys know that "thing" you can do in the bathroom when you "hum just right" and your ears and the sound gets all weird??! It's THAT. Yes, that's right--the same phenomenon. Any way you slice it... it proves BAD for sound...

I guess the alternative is to attempt a different hum... BUT... that's really what makes Yoda's sounds "special" to some extent. Otherwise (much with many of the other characters)... it's a clash from movie X and Y... and swings from movie A & B, etc.

Well there ya go. Let's hope I can even get it DONE by the time CFv5 gets released??!?! No promises though. I'll revert back to the old school Duke Nukem game quote:

"Comin'... ... ... when it's READY! (tm)"
    lol
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)

That's great...although I know it would be difficult I wish you could select your own combo of sound fonts..like as a download instead of buying a whole CD. Maybe pay to download individual fonts.

I don't know if they differ at all, but what about the ROTS Yoda hum?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I don't know if they differ at all, but what about the ROTS Yoda hum?
    Good point, I'll have to check it, although I believe SOMEtimes Yoda's hum sound... is... well sorta "normal"/standard, lol.

At any rate, it's always worth looking into.

As to your comment, Crystal Chambers... at PRESENT, I don't have the time and capacity to get that set up, and the concept/idea has been brought up several times before. I'll mention a few of the (unfortunately) major issues:

* Again, it's a TON of extra work to do all the website work (or hire it out since I'm no good with it)... and make sure that piracy is at a minimum (nearly impossible to do... ... even ALREADY!)

* The Compendiums aren't "simply" sound banks. They include a MULTITUDE of other things on them, such as videos, text files, and even graphic files.

* In the first two Compendiums, there were folders for ~EVERY~ version of CF, going back to even "low-level" support for v1.2 (even though I originally said I wouldn't)... it would be an exercise in INSANITY for me to make special downloads for every version of CF... for EVERY font. It would be ludicrous.

* I've spent a lot of time mixing and making and building and creating here. I will freely admit it: I'm an artist. You sort of have to pay for that a little bit. Otherwise I'm just working for free, and that isn't fair to ANYONE out there doing actual work + offering skills/products.

* In the end--everyone would nickel and dime it, asking font X to be $1.00, but another to be $0.50 or something. "Because it's that way on iTunes". Sadly, I'm not Steve Jobs with a billion dollars + thousands of employees and a corner on the market of the world. I'm just one guy.

Yup! It's just me, your friendly, neighborhood Novastar...

Nova, is there any way you could have the sounds separate on the next cd/dvd? What I mean is, to have let's say, the lockup from EP IV but with no EP IV hum, so it could be used with Rainsizzle? Is that possible?

There is a simple math formula for Saber names.-----------------------To check out the sound fonts I've made:
    ((Force-Dark Side)xEnglish^awesome)/Force)xLanguage[X].---------http://www.youtube.com/user/DarthXusia1/videos
    Quote from mihunai----------------------------------------------------------If you are interested in any of them, please PM me.

Just copy the lock up to replace the one in the rainsizzle folder. I must be missing something because that seems too simple. Must be that the hum is mixed in with the clash in the wave file as apposed to being mixed by the CF. Yeah just checked.

I totally understand Nova. After buying a CF pinching pennies over sound fonts seem contradictive. The reason I said that was I'd rather pay more per font to get only the ones I want, but I can see why a sabersmith who builds for clients would want all of them. Plus a download is more environmentally conscious and convenient. I don't mean to argue just stating my reasoning.
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 09-03-2010 at 09:45 AM.