Thread: RGBW wiring with clash flash on CF 4.3

Default RGBW wiring with clash flash on CF 4.3

Hello guys. Im about to venture to something new with clash flash. I purchased a RGBW and a power xtender. I just wanted to ask you guys how I would wire it up so that I achieve a blue then get bright white for the flash. How would I achieve this? I was thinking just putting 1500 ma the blue die and then hooking up the the white.

OR

Blue and red in parallel to achieve purple and the green and white in series thru the power xtender connection so when clashing or lock up with the RGBW all on it flashes white. Im not sure if this is the result that will happen. I havent tried this and would like input from people who have done this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Most of what you are saying is certainly possible... you can see this in many videos out there, so... yup!

It does indeed depend on the battery pack you use, and also, your results will vary depending on the wiring method you use (for example series vs. parallel and on which set of LEDs).

The main things I can say (although your question probably needs to get more specific):

* Try wiring up the LED leads in a certain fashion (for example, you mentioned RB=purple with GW=white-ish for flash) while the whole thing is on a heatsink, and connecting them momentarily to the right type of battery pack. See what it looks like when you "mix" R & B... see what it looks like when you introduce G & W, etc.

* Temporarily try serial style wiring for one color result attempt (for example RBgw)... test w/ CF. Then... try parallel style wiring with the same color attempt (again, RBgw). See what is different, if anything. Your results will differ vs. someone else's in many cases.

A small sidenote is... it's true that the 1.5A limit on CFv4 or earlier may (ok, it WILL) limit the way in which you can do the wiring for the LED(s) going through the main CF light driver. But... the flash setup can draw as many amps as you allow it (well, if the battery is capable of providing those amps!)...

Anyhow... you have some testing to do! Good luck!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide