Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Number 17

Default Number 17

Here is number 17. Called this because it is the 17th hilt I've built completing my first year of building..oh and i'm horrible with names

Specs:

about 11 inches in lenght
    all MHS parts
    single 3.7 li-ion trustfire with recharge port in choke
    green Lux 3
    MR yoda sound board
    activation switch in pommel
    TCSS battle blade

*something kinda cool when i turned the saber on for the first time was a good amount of air pressue from the speaker comes out of the recharge port so when holding the saber it feels like there is a sort of energy emitting from the saber. kind of like vibration but not.*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7xjoWPnZ50
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's one sweet hilt. I love the switches in the pommel, is it illuminated? A bit of a waste if it isn't.

Erm... video quality: Questionable.
    But I like it. Especially the recharge port in the choke, is that a tight fit?

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Very cool! I really like the grip section....

The vidio quality does stink...cell phone...it's all i got and the switch isn't illuminated. I would like it to have been but I wanted to maximize the run time because i only used one 3.7 li-ion trustfire. Room was a huge obstical on this saber. and yes the recharge port in the choke was not an easy task...just fit with some clever soldering

What kind of run time are you getting on the single 3.7? I am assuming you are running this at 1A? This may be what i have to do in order to run my P4 and that has .7 less fv unless i miss my mark... Also how does the yoda do with only 1 cell? I am wondering since I will be using a luke ANH 2005 in my saber...

Thanks!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

The board seems to run perfectly with the single cell. I have done sabers in the past with the larger 3.7 li-ion trustfires that Tim sells and they last quite a while but with this design i couldn't fit it. I will give it a full charge tonight and let it run. I will post the run time probably tomorow for you.

excellent, thanks! *waits on the edge of his seat*
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Really nice! I can't recall seeing black "Mara Jade" grips before, but it works well.

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

Very sweet saber -nice work -love the black and polished together
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

Excellent saber,, compact, brite, has sound and above all looks really reallt "EXCELLENT"
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)