Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Five AA batteries!

ok,do you think thats good x wing my master?todds idea.
    what does parralell 9 volt mean,two 9 volts?

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous

Two 9 volts tied reds together and blacks together is parallel.

Two 9 volts tied red 1 to black 2 and the remaining pair is series which will give you 18 volts.

Come on boy, keep up with the class.

<center></center>

Thanks, that helps. All the other replies about 9v and amperage etc just confused me. So, I'll put together a 7.5V 5xAA or AAA in the way you suggested, and try to find some way of keeping it stable within the hilt.

Regards, Iain

Duct Tape is like the Force: it has a dark side, a light side, and it binds everything together.

i know alot about sabers but the electric stuff is deep.thanks

"aaah general kenobi you are a bold one."-general grievous

The_Steve: If you can get me one of those bloody 2W x 3L AA battery holders, I will never deflect blaster bolts at you in the chatroom AGAIN. I have looked everywhere and just cannot find them. It's gotten so bad I've considered bondoing together parts from a 2-cell and a 4-cell with opposing ends cut off and sanded to proper measure.

<center>

</center>
    What is life but the passage to death?

Go look at what is new in Tim's store bud.

<center></center>

yeah, tim has the long 6 batt holders now.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

Uh, so would 6 NiCad AA's be too much juice?

I'm prolonging the fight because I see you need the practice.

Your LED only gets as much of the current as your resistor will let it.

I had a huge conversation today with a friend of mine who just got his BA in Electrical Engineering...confused the hell out of me talking about current and resistance and amps and all that.

"Follwing the teachings of Revan during the Mandalorian wars, this young Jedi participated in the slaughter of countless Mandalorians. Unlike many of his brethren, he never fell to the Dark Side. With his connection to the Force severed, he walked into the darkness of Exile. Blessed and Cursed with a rare Force disease, he now wanders the Outer Rim serving Justice to the Unjust with his green lightsaber...never aging. Only a fatal wound will end his suffering. A master of Form V: Shien, this broken Jedi forever searches for his path back to the Light.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I had a huge conversation today with a friend of mine who just got his BA in Electrical Engineering...confused the hell out of me talking about current and resistance and amps and all that.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

at least you survived, i would of died half way through that conversation drewbacca

<center>

At last we will reveal ourselves to the jedi, at last we will have revenge.
    </center>