Thread: The People vs. George Lucas

Default The People vs. George Lucas

Just posting to share this. I am really looking forward to seeing this.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movi...rge-lucas.html

Thoughts anyone?

As a 'dyed in the blood' Star Wars fan, yes the 97 remakes screwed things up, but what was worse were the NEW changes, ie Hayden in RotJ as Anakins Force ghost, no one else changed, so why did he. Its an insult to the original actor cast..

As for proper measures changing this, see here.

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top...LE/topic/5942/

http://originaltrilogy.com/forum/top...c/5942/page/2/

Quote Originally Posted by Alcfalath View Post
    but what was worse were the NEW changes, ie Hayden in RotJ as Anakins Force ghost, no one else changed, so why did he. Its an insult to the original actor cast../topic/5942/page/2/[/url]
    I agree that was horrible. It was nice to see him back from the darkside and that was enough.

I'm not sure how much of SW is actually an original creation by Lucus himself. I do appreciate it regardless but some of the things that slipped by and never got fixed has me scratching me head. If it was OK to use that new horrible Jabba scene then why not fix the old saber FX.

The changes described in the link seem very thorough. I'm not sure what the point of doing that is though. Unless your working with Lucus on it.

I didn't mind some of the things that were added like the Rontos or Jabba [okay the annular ring on the DS explosion was *in The Tick voice* just...plain...wrong] but I didn't like many of the things that were changed.

IMO the problem is that film is a collaborative art form and George became so 'powerful' over SW that he began to pursue his 'personal Vision' to the EXCLUSION of the influence of anyone 'strong' who might have said 'no' or 'don't' when needed [like Han Shot First] and both the special editions and the prequels have suffered for that lack of good collaboration.
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 03-13-2010 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    The changes described in the link seem very thorough. I'm not sure what the point of doing that is though. Unless your working with Lucus on it.
    To answer that, the post below does. Lucas doesnt listen to anyone else the way he used to. Even Spielburg announced that working with him on Crystal Skull was hard due to his inability to accept other peoples ideas.

Adywan is, for all intensive purposes, fixing what should have been fixed, removing what never should have been added, and cleaning up the effects that dearly needed to sparkle and shine, and not be just 'sparks from a welding stick falling down towards the camera' explosion effects.. Ahem for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBAZGtBfcY4

Well here is a good, nay.. Awesome change done by Adywan, to the Alderaan explosion, from the simple explosion, to the special edition (basic extra ring). Actually makes sence why all that was left of the planet is small rocks only.

Wow..awesome! I guess what I meant was it seems like a lot of work..but for what? One or two scene seem like a fun idea to show how you think it should be done but there was soooo many changes.

The worst thing to me is inconsistency. That Jabba scene that was added didn't match the original and the original scenes weren't even altered in any attempt to match the new scene. Also Yoda's "eyelifts" and eye spacing drifts back and forth in episodes 1-3 and in no way that makes any sense to me. I think the worst inconsistency of all is Luke's colour changing saber in "ANH".

It seems to me that in creating SW that Lucus assembled/created a democratic republic to make the movies as well as the fan base and then turned it into an Empire..lol
    Last edited by Crystal Chambers; 03-13-2010 at 02:58 AM.

Whoa...I had no clue fans had done this! It always bothered me that Chewie did not get a medal. This might sound funny, but I also wished there were sub-titles for Chewie's dialogue. In some of the documentaries you hear Peter Mayhew speaking dialogue which is obviously later overdubbed with Chewie's wookie growls etc.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Chewie eventually got his medal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXIz8C3028

Did anyone notice in that Alderaan video, that Jar Jar bought it at 1:15? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie View Post
    Chewie eventually got his medal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUXIz8C3028

Did anyone notice in that Alderaan video, that Jar Jar bought it at 1:15? LOL!
    Give the people what they want?

I cant wait until Empire Strikes Back Revisited comes out

Wow, those changes sound exciting! Buit where exactly in the thread is there a link or something to the final video? I checked the first 2 pages and couldn't find it..... Sorry if it's a noob question, but I really want to check it out and all I can find is the trailer!

EDIT: Okay, a quick google search found the torrent download. *facepalm*
    Last edited by ChapterEleven; 03-20-2010 at 06:36 AM.