Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Part to make a Vader Replica

Default Part to make a Vader Replica

Hey gang, I fight with a Master Replica Darth Vader and I was wondering if anyone new of a part list to make one from Custom Sabers. Id really like a make a replica of it. Any help or images from anyone who has done with would be awesome.

Tim sells replica MPP flash kits, or you could just upgrade your Master Replicas with an LED blade holder. Whatever you decide to do, take some time to read the forums and look through the store, because we usually eat new builders alive for posting questions like this. Welcome to the forums.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Re...lash-P334.aspx

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MR...-kit-P343.aspx

Ok well thanks for nothing, I already have my one upgraded, and I want to make a replica Vader and need a part list to do so. So does anyone that can be helpful help out.

whoa...
    <ducks head under cover and grabs helmet>

So let me get this straight - you want to make a Vader saber out of the MHS parts? Why not just look in the store and use the saber builder to guide you?

Also, ease off on the attitude... you're about to get major flammage...

I'm sure you already know what the saber looks like but just in case, http://www.sitharchives.com may help you.

The hardest part about the Vader is that there's no real good way to get the emitter *just right*.
    The parts list I came up with off the top of my head are:
    1) screw on LED blade holder style 12
    2) MPP clamp
    3) MPS Pommel style 2
    4) custom formed rubber grip set
    5) 8 inch (?) double female threaded connector

This is just for the Hilt itself mind you. You still have to source the electronics and decide what you want to do about sound.
    In the end, though, the advice many people are going to give you is read a lot of the threads here and then search and read some more.
    Last edited by cannibal869; 03-15-2010 at 03:44 PM.
    LOCKHEED

Yeah, I'd like to give you a few choice words for that comment, but there are kids here so I will watch my language.

First off, you can't make a REPLICA vader using MHS parts. You can make a vader using an old camera flash handle, but this isn't really the forum for that. I gave you the link for the only Vader part that Tim sells, so that should have been pretty helpful. Aside from that, like Cannibal pointed out, you're pretty much just going to have to decide which parts look the most like what you want, and since we can safely assume that you have SEEN a vader saber before, we shouldn't have to hold your hand. Now if you want to belly itch and moan that MY reply wasn't very helpful, I'd like to point out that you were LUCKY to only merely be IGNORED by the older members here. Many new members would have been horsewhipped for asking a question like that in their first post, and your attitude has opened the door for that again.

Next time you ask a question and someone answers you, thank them and move on.

Council Member
    Jedi Master

*Gets horsewhip ready*

Just 'cause TR made it sound so fun

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by No Vas Strike View Post
    Ok well thanks for nothing, I already have my one upgraded, and I want to make a replica Vader and need a part list to do so. So does anyone that can be helpful help out.
    Wow, one of the most ungrateful posts I've seen in a while.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Yeah, kinda reminded me of Gruesome Poo, or whatever his name was.

If you're new, please take the time we all consider just as precious as you and READ!

GET LATHED!

Official BMF and LORD OF THE STRINGS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

afearsomegrue. Yeah, kinda does.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!