Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question about the Blade holders diameter

Board Lurker

Default Question about the Blade holders diameter

I am new to The Custom Saber Shop and I can't find what the diameter of a certain blade holder is. It is the MHS screw on LED blade holder style ten. I have foundblades that are cheaper and I wanted to make sure they would fit. Thanks.

pretty sure that all the blade holders are for 1" outer diameter blades
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

If you are ltalking about the id of the blade holder, then all of them are the same. A hair over 1". This has been discussed before. The blade holders are sized to the blade material TCSS sells and not what other suppliers sell. There are ways to make bigger or smaller diameter blades fit (blades that are slightly larger or smaller than 1" that is). If you blade is too big, you have two options. Make the blade holder bigger either by using a dremel with flap disc, cylinder hone, or some other method of sanding/cutting. Or you can make the blade smaller by sanding it down.

Which blades are you talking about? Be careful, because the blades sold here do not contain electronics, other types of blades do.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Board Lurker

They are from randomsabers.com and are 3/4" diameter. I found those and saw they were cheaper than TCSS and even though they don't have electronics I don't care. What could I do to make it fit to the blade holder I posted the question about?

Furthest reaches of the Galaxy (Scotland)

At the end of the day in is entirely up to you, however I would advise using TCSS blades with the TCSS bladeholders as they have been designed to work together, and being from TCSS you know that both will be top quality.

You are mistaken. Most of the blades used by the members of this forum do not have electronics in them, as they are damaged easily when struck (Master Replicas Blades, for example.)

The Randomsabers Battle Blades which I think you are talking about are solid acrylic, and are obviously not designed to light up. The blades sold here are hollow, clear polycarbonate, with a 'diffuser' inside (a diffuser helps spread the light out to reduce the 'flaring' effect near the bottom of the hilt, and the 'dimming' effect at the top of the hilt. They also have mirrored tips, to reflect escaping light back down the blade, making it much brighter again. The Randomsabers blades do not have any of these features. You can buy colored polycarbonate for blade making here as well If you prefer colored blades. To achieve the best results with a blade like you have, I would suggest you use a white Seoul P4 Led, the brightest white in the store.

Wow... my fingers hurt.
    Last edited by Skottsaber; 03-12-2010 at 07:23 AM.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Weird, I could swear that randomsabers did belt hangers and LED sabers.

Sev,

Just as an FYI, I've never seen a 3/4" blade that didn't wiggle, and if you have any desire to whack the saber against anything, the 3/4" are always thin walled and fragile compared to a 1" battle blade. 5 of my sabers are 3/4".

Whatever you decide, be sure to post pics when you are done building!