Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Merciless"

Great work. I know that any CF will find a happy home in there. What language is the engraving? It doesn't look like Aurabesh.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Love the engraveing that is an awesome job on it, great passage too fits the name nicely.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Thank you everyone. I am quite pleased with the way the saber turned out. It will be somewhat difficult to put it on a shelf until I can get hold of a CF to install in it, but I believe it will be worth it.

When complete, the saber will also carry a custom chassis that is integrated into the saber, and to access the recharge port or access the uSD card of the CF, the grip section will be unscrewed and slid off. I wanted to keep the saber as free of awkward holes as I could.

The engraving was actually quite easy. I wrote down what saying I wanted, found the alphabet I wanted and translated it, marked guidelines on the saber for horizontal rules, drew the alien letters on the saber with a Sharpie, went over the marks with my Dremel and the smallest carbide cutter I could find. I did all horizontal strokes first, then all vertical strokes, then all angled from left to right, then all angled from right to left, then all dots. 15 minutes.

I'm not 100% about what final color for the saber. Perhaps Amber, maybe Purple.

The shine on the surface is wet-sanding to 800 grit, then 3 applications of Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. I think it is a good shine, without being so reflective it's distracting.

Default ...

Cool saber dude. I also like the engraving on the hilt. Something different. What color is the LED? I hope you can get a CF soon. You can always use the Darkstar font even though you might have a Jedi color blade, thats what I'd do if I had a CF board.

Very Sweet!
    I like how short it is, it looks like it's right out of the EU!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd vote amber. A LEDengine would look nice.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Awesome saber. The engraving is definitely a nice twist.
    If there's a bright centre in the universe, I'm on the planet that's farthest from...

I am speachless. I was considering a similar engraving design, but thought it was too much with a dremel. Your craftsmanship is amazing. This imspires me to try this in a future build. I agree with what was stated earlier about lighting the inside. That would look amazing.

The engraving is awesome! The polishing look just adds to look and makes it perfect.
    "You assumed no force could challenge you..."

That engraving is really impressive! Ive tried to do some engraving myself before and looked as if I just threw a dremel at some pieces while it was on.