Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: photoelectric effect masless blade

Blog Entries

James, I agree, I need an SG1 fix.. To me Carter is the perfect woman, brains, looks and she can use a P90 like it's part of her arm.

Seven of Nine too.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

a deep UV laser between 150nm and 248 NM can ionize air molecules byt stripping the eletrons off of the atoms at 20 watt or more. I didn't specifically mean any kind of UV light.but i was curious about unlassed deep UV light and its properties.I have not read wiki just other stuff besides that.All I am saying is that there has to be a way to create "a beam" that can some how guide plasma where ever the beams path follows.Let me rephrase my suggestion of mass less. Maybe this ion/electron beam will have a dense mass. Or just maybe its not the fourth state of matter. Another possibility it that when tungsten metal is heated at super billing temperatures the atoms boil off in a straight line. I know that air/oxygen will suffocate plasma.So maybe there is a way to create some sort of beam that will convert the properties of oxygen to a more suitable atmosphere to contain plasma from its source in beam like path. Since UV light has the highest energy frequency of electro magnetic radiation, perhaps a deep UV Luxeon could contribute to this concept if UV Luxeons are manufactured. You have to admit that deep UV light has a lot of strange abilities, such as illuminating phosphors as well as fluorescents and conducting eletric current.

formerly Ion Sabers
    Inventor and founder of the Luxeon blade since 2000

Blog Entries

Yes, I agree, a UV laser is what is required to ionize air at one atmosphere pressure.

But from what I read, you need a UV laser in the 220-420 nm wavelength fired in 200 picosecond pulses at an excess of 50 megawatts per pulse, (Institute of Physics: New Journal of Physics).

There are universities and companies with DOD contracts trying to solve/make this... put this into a hilt?!?! maybe in 20 years...

Hmm, so this topic is educating, thanks guys.

Not sure if there are any other threads covering masslass or energy blades but what other options are there?

I've heard of laser torches or whatnot but how about just a safe (or at least semi safe) actual lightsaber?

Anyone ever see that episode of Venture?

Blog Entries

The yard sale episode with the Monarch henchman. I'm not sure, but was the henchman doing the same moves as the "Star Wars Kid"? That was classic...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vadeblade
    But from what I read, you need a UV laser in the 220-420 nm wavelength fired in 200 picosecond pulses at an excess of 50 megawatts per pulse<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, but that would only work if you mono-unsaturate the dislexipan through girocrestization of the upper fredoshere. However, much care and attention must be paid to the lower treshhold of the volodister since the destabillization of the treklopphan can throw the whole array in diss-aray.[)]

Born of Sith, seduced by the light.

http://www.illumisabers.com

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vadeblade

The yard sale episode with the Monarch henchman. I'm not sure, but was the henchman doing the same moves as the "Star Wars Kid"? That was classic...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I think so. That was great.

"Ah who am I kidding? My looks are going down the toilet faster than an unwanted pregnancy on prom night."

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein

Blog Entries

It's already been made in the 80's. LOOK...

Just don't cross the streams...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Beatboxer

Not sure if there are any other threads covering masslass or energy blades but what other options are there?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

This will be the 3rd.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

Egon Spengler: There's something very important I forgot to tell you.
    Peter Venkman: What?
    Egon Spengler: Don't cross the streams.
    Peter Venkman: Why?
    Egon Spengler: It would be bad.
    Peter Venkman: I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing. What do you mean, "bad?"
    Egon Spengler: Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
    Ray Stantz: Total protonic reversal.
    Peter Venkman: Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks, Egon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein