Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: photoelectric effect masless blade

Massless blade - no polycC, no polyE, no nylon, no carbon fibre, no steel, no aluminum, no.....nothing, but 'energy'.

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

He stated,
    <blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by photonalterations

I designed an optic tube that focuses a Luxeon into a 3/4" diameter beam. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I'm assuming that he's talking about a lens, and not a tube like the PolyC.

That's all I wanted to clear up with my Q.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

yes firebird its a optic tube focused inside the hilt.

When electrons and ions collide, it forms plasma, Yes you are right Vade about how plasma requires a vacuum but if there is an extreme amount of "free electrons in the path of UV,wouldnt that form plasma because UV emits ions. Its interesting how Plasma needs a vaccume buy fire needs air. I know that the properties of plasma and fire are different.But what makes plasma so different that it needs a vaccume to be contained? If there is a way to change the properties, then I think air beam plasma is possible. On the other hand maybe its not plasma that forms a mass less blade.Maybe its some other kind of "state of matter". Just a thought. See other thing is that if Fire needs oxygen to roam on the air, then there has to be a way that plasma can travel through the air without using argon. This is off the subject of UV, but microwaves can conduct electricity in the air. I am wondering if a MASER can guide plasma in the air as well.

formerly Ion Sabers
    Inventor and founder of the Luxeon blade since 2000

uhh isnt that dangerous?

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

What contains the plasma? It sounds like it will just drift out into the air, not unlike a flame.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

uhh isnt that dangerous?
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

probably.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

Blog Entries

UV emits ions??? I'm sorry, I am missing something. UltraViolet is a spectrum of light. Light has no mass.
    Ions are atoms that has an electric charge either by gaining or loosing an electron. Ions have mass.

Following this logic, how does a massless object like light emit an object with mass like an ion?

So what is plasma? Well plasma is nothing more than ionized gas. Again quoting from wikipedia "Plasma typically takes the form of neutral gas-like clouds..." So take a gas cloud and strip the electrons off most of the atoms in the cloud and you have plasma.

But stripping electrons off a bunch of atoms is not an easy thing. It takes very high temperature, or very high voltage, or a laser of a specific wavelength.

Why does gas turn more readily into plasma in a PARTIAL vacuum instead of in normal atmospehere? My GUESS is that in normal atmosphere it is too easy for an ionized atom to regain its lost electrons from neighboring atoms. in other words, the ions don't stay ions long enough to congrigate into a cloud.

Fire and plasma - how are they different. Fire is a Chemical reaction when oxygen atoms attach to other atoms and extra energy is RELEASED as heat/light. Plasma is an Atomic change where energy is ABSORBED by the electrons and electrons are releases. So key difference is Absorbed energy versus Released energy.

Ohh, Plasma has mass.

Let me just state that I am not a physics teacher, or a scientist or a brainiac, smarty-pants. Most or all of what i said can be found in wiki.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Pirate King

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by 987654321a

uhh isnt that dangerous?

probably.

{<font color="black">[[[</font id="black">(((<font color="red">o</font id="red">))<font color="gold">EE</font id="gold">[/<font color="blue">==============</font id="blue">

yay danger!!!

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

I love these kinds of conversations. I sit here and read through everything and it is like Carter and Rodney going at it and I am feeling pretty much like Jack cause I don't have a damn clue what your talkin' about but it sounds cool[8D]

Can ya tell I am so ready for a new season[]

<center><font size="5">Cree! = Yoo-Hoo</font id="size5"></center>

wow...my brain hurts..........

<center></center>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein