Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: photoelectric effect masless blade

Default photoelectric effect masless blade

Has anyone tinkered with the idea of using photoelectric phenomena to create air born plasma?

formerly Ion Sabers
    Inventor and founder of the Luxeon blade since 2000

first off, what are u talking about, can u explain so a 14 year old like me can understand?

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Word^^...I'm also fourteen AND swedish... but, it seems interresting[]

I'm a fourteen year old swedish teenager...so be patient...

Why yes i have. Yesterday i put a photoionicaly charged proton generator into a neuotron projector and moved the tri-photon charger beside the nagatively charged quad-elctron power crystal, and BAM! Out came a green photoelectric masless blade.
    []

But then it exploded.[B)]

phat lewt=kash munni

I take it your hilt was about a mile in diameter?

Liek has ne1 evr used ant!mattr to pwr there baldes???!!!!!1111

Seriously Photon, how would you even go about that? I'm not even sure I know what photoelectic phenomena are.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein

I looked it up through Google and didn't come up with much..maybe wikipedia can help...

well, I just did a google search and look what I found.........

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&i...=Google+Search

formerly Ion Sabers

ok younglings,
    here is the first lesson

When UV light makes contact with metal, it produces current. When it makes contact on platinum, it will produce over 6 volts. Plus it will also guide plasma from one electrode to the other in the air. I thought that this could be the a good concept for air plasma. I designed an optic tube that focuses a Luxeon into a 3/4" diameter beam. I used a blue star but blue is only 470nm.Its not quite UV. The deeper the UV light is the more powerful the photoelectric effect is. I installed this tube into my Mara Jade hilt. If only Luxeon would come out with a DEEP UV star between 248nm-395nm.Of course you cant see the UV light that well but you would be able to see the plasma! does that make sense. This is what you want. You want to be able to see the plasma but not the beam guiding it because the beam goes on.The second step would be to create the high voltage chamber. So I thought about platinum electrodes in front of the optic. The electrodes charge small High Voltage captators to 35kv.Then the capacitors charge the short end tube where the UV comes out of. Once the UV hits the 35kv barrel, then plasma is formed

formerly Ion Sabers

Blog Entries

I thought Plasma could only be created under special conditions, i.e. high temperature, high voltage, in a vacuum, copious amounts of pixie dust, etc...

If you wanted to convert plain air into plasma I thought you need a powerful laser - and now the obligatory wikipedia link to explain my thought...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laser-I...Plasma_Channel

And based on the wiki above, you have the principle backwards. Plasma has very low electrical resistance. So the plasma guides the high voltage to its destination, not the other way around.

cheers,
    V.

Lightsaber Warning Label: "CAUTION: Do NOT attempt to sharpen blade."

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by vadeblade

...based on the wiki above, you have the principle backwards.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Hence the user name... []

P.A., are you saying you want to ignite plasma in the PolyC? Or out in the open on its own?

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!