Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: just wanted to show off my custom mando

That mando armor is really cool, and it seems to fit a lot of eras.

It sort of reminds me of Jango's armor in that is isn't beaten all to heck and back.

(I know, I know, Mando tradition...have beat up armor makes you cool, I know)

But Jango's wasn't busted all over, so your Mando seems to be doing as well as his.

But it also has the Bobba fett/ Galactic Civil War era Mando look, which makes it viable for New Republic era costumes.

Overall, I like it my favorite except for Rhyen's Hot Wheels Mando.

...And that brown Mando armor in Chase's group pictures.

So you're my Third favorite Mando costume

EDIT::
    Also that femtrooper was super hot. I think that fem armor is so stupid. The Empire (or Remnant...whoever) would not be like "we need to compromise the blaster fire penetration value of our armor and throw out all of the research we've done and all of the money we've invested in mass producing this stuff...so we can put breasts on it."

Vader would Force Choke that guy so fast.
    Last edited by Causa; 05-24-2010 at 09:04 AM.

i think blaster fire penetration is a moot point with stormtrooper armor. From what I can tell from every movie and all the books I've read , any blaster bolt, arrow, rock, or stiff wind automatically becomes lethal once it hits the armor.
    I don't think it is in bad taste to have boobies on the armor, Female mando armor have them, and Sidious did adopt the design of the clone/storm trooper armor from the mandos, except for the life saving and durability qualities that is.

Great costume BTW, did want you to feel left out on the thread you started.

As long as we're going OT, women's fencing armor:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Womens-Fencing-C...item2ea7b60a20
    men's fencing armor:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Fencing-Che...item2ea7b6902e
    One slides the blade off your solar plexus and into your intestines, the other catches it between your breasts until it pierces and kills you or stops. Make of that what you will.

Back on topic, brilliant armor, well done. Silly newbie question to ask if you fiberglassed it all yourself? Got a particular OC to go with it or just done up your own for shirts and giggles? Nothing wrong with differeniating yourself from the various boba fetts ever in attendance...
    It's not supposed to be cheap or easy. It's an ordeal.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Black and grey hm? A good choice, especially for night time operations
    Nice job with the Nerf Longshot too. I have one of those still in it's virgin blue and yellow colors but I cant decide if I like it with or without the blaster attached. Hmm...
    Oh, and I like the red LED's in the chest piece too, that was a nice touch.

Anyway, I like the fem trooper armor. It's got the boys distracted enough hasn't it? lol. I am curious when she got it though, it looks like it might work well with some tooling, for Miri's chest armor

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Fox View Post
    Anyway, I like the fem trooper armor. It's got the boys distracted enough hasn't it? lol. I am curious when she got it though, it looks like it might work well with some tooling, for Miri's chest armor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
    *draws on H on forehead with shaving cream, does a bad Arnold Rimmer impression* "Yeh never learn, do yeh?" ;-D

It's a fair and cheap start if you're gonna retool it anyway.

But if you're not here to make a light saber the hard way, just follow this guide and stay out of the way.

If you're lost, here's a directory of all the most pertinent threads - it'll save sorting through the rubbish, thank the mods for braving it for us.

If you have a question, there's a solid chance it's answered here. Not too much to ask you to check ONE page for your question before posting, is it?

Smeg! sorry Rimmer... :P

thanks ^_^

Nae worries, good luck. cosplay.com should be able to help if you need to custom fiberglass onto the edges; if you can figure out how to make a lightsaber here, that site'll be a cakewalk.

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Great set of armor Morpheus! Great job on the details and color scheme!

Jedi_Knight_Zekk

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    shes hot!!!!
    yea hehe

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Um, that quote is from the first page, and really out of context, by now.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!