Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 21369 lumens.... not a new tech.

Wow that sounds like an awful lot of trouble to make this bulb work. Are you sure you can even get the light down the tube without the heat?

Have you looked at the SSR-90 specs? Much better than P7.

While a ridiculously bright blade is a byproduct of the project, half the novelty is making a functional saber out of a deprecated and condemned technology.
    To prove that something thought impossible, is in fact possible, however impractical.
    If I ever get it to work, it will have left me with the technique and experience needed to make a saber out of pretty much anything.
    At this rate it'll all be documented right here, so the entire community can learn from my exploits.
    If I can conquer 250 degrees celcius, we'll never again have issues with heat management.
    If I can power the incredibly greedy incandescents' 12V@1.7A, we'll have a limitless supply of options for higher power boards and LED's.
    It's more than making a ridiculous saber, its pioneering and developing the obscure techniques needed to operate higher level components.

That's the part that everyone else should be excited about.

May the force be with you.

I did source the Platlight SSR-90, by Luminus. The only official retailer is their partner Avanet.
    Supplies are extremely limited and they're on a 14 week hold but they're only $45.83 each for the whites here.

They have pure colors, and RGB's as well.
    800+ lumens in Red
    1900+ lumens in Green
    450+ lumens in Blue
    and 1000-2250 in white.
    All diodes operate on 1-9A (lux scaling somewhat linearly), making them usable for almost any saber application once they're available.

Since I'm already working oh high level power sources, I think the true holy grail of LED tech is actually the CSM-360-W, running 3600-6000 lumens at 3.6-6.9A.
    The drawback being fact that it's actually four 90's mounted on a single chip under a single dome.
    Still... if someone could recreate the format on a star..... daylight in a can.

All diodes operate on 1-9A (lux scaling somewhat linearly), making them usable for almost any saber application once they're available.

They are available and a few of us are already using them. You may find that after the white is filtered & reaches the tube you have no more light than these.