Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Interactive lightsaber idea

I'm pretty sure the droid is the active component. Do you have to put batteries in the saber?

It looks to me like the droid sends out a signal, it gets reflected off the shiny lightsaber blade and the droid follows the signal bounce.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

This one should do for frequenzy testing!
    The TV-B-Gone
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/755e/
    The point of this is actually out to lunch.

One year for San Diego comic con. I made a frame I wore under my sith robes with a few pieces of small diameter PFC(painted black) that would stick up and then angled out. I placed the Prob onto the pfc like it was hovering up and behind my left shoulder. I then added a switch that run into my glove so all I had to do was squeeze my finger tips together. and Voila instant sith droid.

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    I'm pretty sure the droid is the active component. Do you have to put batteries in the saber?

It looks to me like the droid sends out a signal, it gets reflected off the shiny lightsaber blade and the droid follows the signal bounce.
    yes the saber took 2 c cells and the droid has no emitters and only 2 receviers. Here are some pictures of the box with specs.

The droid is a passive part only recives. the saber emitted.

This one should do for frequenzy testing!
    The TV-B-Gone
    http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/electronic/755e/

Will have to get one and try it out might work though, would be nice if it stayed on the working frequency though cause I need a constant of it.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Well managed to get hold of a complete one with saber. took the sabe appart to find the sound card and the singal emitter to be one peice of pcb. Both functions are activated by a singal mmentary switch that you have to hold down the whole time you want it active, and the sound is realy crummy. Debateing weather or not to remove the speaker and put it on a latching on/off and turn it in a badge. Or see if there is a way to figure out the signal it sends out and just build another emitter that sends out the signal. Any ideas would be helpful. Also on a side note both droids work.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Yikes, I'm afraid I have no ideas on this one... but... hmmm due to the "crummy sound" as you say and the other issues (button has to be held)... it's a tough decision as to whether or not doing any hacks on it would be worth it.

I say... hey... you started it, might as well finish! The only thing it can do the community here---is good, Goltar!! So... booyah for you!!!
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide