Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Desparatus

There ya go! I like the changes too. I still can't wrap my head around how you crammed all that into one hilt. The video demo of the black blade is a great contribution as well.

Hey just finished rebuilding the guts of this saber there were a few issues with the the original setup. Such as the boards were cramped together, the battery life for some reason was squat, and it was difficult to change the batteries because the wires to the pack had to be repositioned every time I pulled the pack out or I couldn't get it back in. So the new set up is much neater and easier to change the batteries.

Here the pics:
    old setup

building new

The wires comeing off the front are the switch wires and the wire for the blade led. Replaced the original force action sound board with one of the new 2010 obi-wan boards and kept the green goblin. going to post a new vid soon for sound comparison. Will edit it into first posti thread.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

wow...what a head ache. I knew I'd be scared to see inside of that. I'd change the batteries alright...rechargable for sure. Kinda neat to see you use that board (breadboard? Not sure..)to mount other boards and wire.

Very intiresting saber, the spikes add to the evil aura of the saber lol. Nice job.
    New to the forum: READ, READ, READ! it's the best way not to get flamed.
    Time for a kirby dance <('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)<('-'<) (><) <('-')> (>'-')> (>'-'<)

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I LOVE the way you decided to wire it up, it makes it look like more of saber guts...

My only concern is the durability of the wiring.

Where'd you get the breadboard?
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

can get a=em at Radio Shack

and yeah, I would not want to pull that out every hour of play.
    youve got the port, getcha some rechargable, they alleviate lots of wiring and headaches

Acctualy the battery run time has improved since the board change from the force action to the 2010 obi-wan board(think I had a bad board as even turned off the led for the crystal was still brarely lit, like glowing but to be sure had to cover with hands and it was lit). Spent like 2 hours testing the sound trying to get the balance right and the p4 was still bright. Put the charge port on it to act as a kill switch to lengthen battery life so hope not to have to change the batteris too often. As far as the sound goes i have to get the solid pommel insert thread for the port, this is because when I cover the pommel completly with my hand I get the balance I want. Otherwise the goblin board sounds completely over power the 2010 obi-wan board sounds.

Heres the first sound test going to do another after i get the new pommel insert have to wait till pay day though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIK6bujX_6c
    Last edited by Goltar Bias; 03-19-2010 at 10:08 PM.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci