Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rhyen Skytracker's Mando Costume

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

J-Lo is correct. It would not be too practical to have a remote switch for that. It does have a push button switch on the back of it. I used a scope ring and rail system to mount it to the helmet. I also have it so it can tilt the light up or down 15 degrees if needed.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Ok, cool. It was just a thought, because it would look cool if it came on 'automatically' without you touching your bucket, but endcap switch it cool too.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Master

ok, so what's realy practical about wearing star wars armor in the first place? It's not about practical, it's about cool.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkaiHalon View Post
    ok, so what's realy practical about wearing star wars armor in the first place? It's not about practical, it's about cool.
    That is the truth.

Youngling

so you remember the movie with Fred Savage and Howie Mandel, LIttle Monsters..........

and the lights turned on and the monsters turned to clothes

this is Mando LIttle MOsters!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

No seriesly awesome job on the costume!!!

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

LOL Looks like he got ran over with a steam roller.
    Last edited by Rhyen Skytracker; 04-29-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Do you guys remember those TV commercials for like the super ear or whatever...a little directional mic with an earpiece?

If I recall correctly the mic and switch was one unit, and the earpiece was another. I think something like that would be perfect for a mando armor. Put the mic in one gauntlet, just make a hole for the toggle button, then put the earpiece in the foam for your helmet.

You have a directional mic in one gauntlet, and a mini led flashlight like that in the other. Or maybe a green laser pointer, for "painting" targets

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

In this kit I have the flashlight on the side of the helmet with a push button on the back of it. I have one switch for the fans and another one for the EL wire. I also have a wireless headset with the transmitter inside the helmet and the receiver is in one ammo pouch and the actual amp/speaker is in another pouch (it is a 10W amp) I also have a wire ran down inside my flight suit arm and inside my glove with a push to talk button. So, when I want to talk I just push the button in my glove. It is a great set up and work very well.

Dude that is tech!

I was considering a wireless setup like that for radios, but having a speaker for your speach is even cooler. Does that work with the voice amp or is it one or the other?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It works with the voice amp. The set up goes like this. Wireless head set > headset transmiter > heatset receiver > 10W voice amp/speaker. It is VERY loud too. I spoke to a Gymnasium full of kids with it last week and they all could hear me.