Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Rhyen Skytracker's Mando Costume

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Who needs to see out of it when it looks that cool? LOL Just kidding. I made a slight groove all around the helmet where the T-Visor goes so It is only bad in the very corners where the sharp bends are. I can still see pretty good out of it. I haven't seen anyone do this before and you know me, I have to be different. LOL Plus with the EL wire on the outside of the T-Visor the light doesn't' blind me at all either.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

That looks awesome! Just, don't sign up for night ops. You'll be complete target practice, however scary it looks.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Who needs to see out of it when it looks that cool? LOL Just kidding. I made a slight groove all around the helmet where the T-Visor goes so It is only bad in the very corners where the sharp bends are. I can still see pretty good out of it. I haven't seen anyone do this before and you know me, I have to be different. LOL Plus with the EL wire on the outside of the T-Visor the light doesn't' blind me at all either.
    Aaaaaw come on! Can I get some kudos for the idea? Looks good Wade.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

$k, You and Rhyen are just making it harder for others to make their helmets better.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by $tarkiller View Post
    Aaaaaw come on! Can I get some kudos for the idea? Looks good Wade.
    No you can't. I have had EL wire planned for this helmet for 5 months. So there. LOL

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Mhm. I invented EL. If it weren't for me, you wouldn't have EL to use. Lolness. It really does look good. What size EL did you use?
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

So did you use a 'saber style' LED in that light, or is it really a flashlight?

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The flash light is one of those 9 LED small flash lights. It is the perfect size for this application.

So does it have a pushbutton switch on the side, or did you reroute it somewhere else, like your gauntlet, for remote switching on?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Having a remote switch wouldn't be very practical, at least if it involved wiring, and not necessary. I have a couple of these same type of flashlights and they have push buttons on the end caps.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!