Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Buy Sintra???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Where Do You Buy Sintra???

Hey i was just wondering what name brand stores (like Lowes, Home Depot, ect) carry Sintra PVC Sheets? For anyone out there who doesnt know what im talking about, think plywood sheets, but instead of wood its PVC/Composite. im trying to make a custom sith helmet, and i know how to make it, what measurements i need and what materials but i dont know where to get the sintra. also, would PVC/Plumbing Silicone or JB Weld be better for securing the seams (aside from the usual rivets ect). Thanks in advance to anyone who can help..
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

"An Alliance Forged By Hatred, Is A Fragile Thing At Best" -Darth Traya

"Time To Die Bug Face" -Darth Revan

Banned Sith Lord

hhhhh. i know what sintra is. i can tell you that a normal harware store wont have it. you have to go to a plastic wherehouse. try googling it. i think something should show up. then maybe try searching for that store in your area. thats about all i can contribute. post pics when youre all done!!

cool thanks. ill check that out now lol.. not doing anything better at 1am lmao... so do you think ill have to order in bulk? or will small orders be fine? btw what did you use for your silver face mask in your signature pic (the one on the left)? it almost looks like a painted hanible mask (the movie with anthony hopkins) it looks dope none the less...
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

I'd like to know this myself...Although I wanted to find somewhere local as I don't like to order away for things. I prefer to support local business to keep stock available. I saw some great youtube vids on making armour. Which is what eventually led me to custom sabers..lol

I got a little sidetracked...hehe

Try looking through the phone book in your area for a place that makes custom signs and banners. Lots of those types of businesses use Sintra for some of their custom signs. They might be willing to sell you some of their scraps for cheap.

I've worked with local sign companies and here they mostly use acrylic, and choroplast.

There are however some plastic companies out in the industrial park I've yet to try because I don't drive and they're not easy to get to. I asked more convenient places and of course none of them have a clue about anything they don't stock.

And of course I got sidetracked making lightsabers..lol

But now I want some jedi sith armour!

I found some suppliers online easily but I didn't know/recall there being so many thickness's available. Not sure what would be best for armour. Unless anyone has any recommendations I need to find that tutorial on youtube again.

Cool thanks Skytracker! ill check that out tomorrow morning and let you guys know how it goes lol maybe i can get a job there too lmao.

Revan you are my savior!!!! im am so going there tomorrow!!! by the way, you lived in kirkland? so are you still in WA state??? would you happen to be a reb legion/501st member? or do we not have those clubs out here?

Default Was I The Only One....

...who thought it was weird someone was looking for SINATRA? C'mon, admit it. Someone other then me HAD to think they were lookin' for Ol Blue Eyes....right?
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Maybe.

If their brain added an extra letter.

I'm too much of a costume and prop geek not to know what sintra is.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!