Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Where Do You Buy Sintra???

Question Where Do You Buy Sintra???

Hey i was just wondering what name brand stores (like Lowes, Home Depot, ect) carry Sintra PVC Sheets? For anyone out there who doesnt know what im talking about, think plywood sheets, but instead of wood its PVC/Composite. im trying to make a custom sith helmet, and i know how to make it, what measurements i need and what materials but i dont know where to get the sintra. also, would PVC/Plumbing Silicone or JB Weld be better for securing the seams (aside from the usual rivets ect). Thanks in advance to anyone who can help..
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

"An Alliance Forged By Hatred, Is A Fragile Thing At Best" -Darth Traya

"Time To Die Bug Face" -Darth Revan

Banned Sith Lord

hhhhh. i know what sintra is. i can tell you that a normal harware store wont have it. you have to go to a plastic wherehouse. try googling it. i think something should show up. then maybe try searching for that store in your area. thats about all i can contribute. post pics when youre all done!!

cool thanks. ill check that out now lol.. not doing anything better at 1am lmao... so do you think ill have to order in bulk? or will small orders be fine? btw what did you use for your silver face mask in your signature pic (the one on the left)? it almost looks like a painted hanible mask (the movie with anthony hopkins) it looks dope none the less...
    "The Ability To Destroy A Planet, Is Insignificant Compared To The Power Of The Force" -Darth Vader

"An Alliance Forged By Hatred, Is A Fragile Thing At Best" -Darth Traya

"Time To Die Bug Face" -Darth Revan

I'd like to know this myself...Although I wanted to find somewhere local as I don't like to order away for things. I prefer to support local business to keep stock available. I saw some great youtube vids on making armour. Which is what eventually led me to custom sabers..lol

I got a little sidetracked...hehe

Try looking through the phone book in your area for a place that makes custom signs and banners. Lots of those types of businesses use Sintra for some of their custom signs. They might be willing to sell you some of their scraps for cheap.

I've worked with local sign companies and here they mostly use acrylic, and choroplast.

There are however some plastic companies out in the industrial park I've yet to try because I don't drive and they're not easy to get to. I asked more convenient places and of course none of them have a clue about anything they don't stock.

And of course I got sidetracked making lightsabers..lol

But now I want some jedi sith armour!

I found some suppliers online easily but I didn't know/recall there being so many thickness's available. Not sure what would be best for armour. Unless anyone has any recommendations I need to find that tutorial on youtube again.

just TRY to search for it.. many local art supply stores carry it. (careful of shipping costs on this,..as stated best to purchase/pick-up locally)

I used to live in Kirkland, and I happen to know that you have one of the best plastic companies in the country just north of you.
    The store is TAP Plastics and they have everything. http://www.tapplastics.com

And they have three locations near you:

4232 196th Street SW
    Lynnwood, WA 98036

Open: Mon-Fri 8:30 to 6, Sat 9 to 5.

Phone: 425.977.4440
    Fax: 425.977.4441

12021 NE Northup Way
    Bellevue, WA 98005

Phone: 425.861.0940
    Fax: 425.869.9813

710 9th Avenue North
    Seattle, WA 98109
    Free Parking across the street!

Phone: 206.389.5900
    Fax: 206.389.5909
    "You assumed no force could challenge you..."

That was a very kind gesture, Revan. Thank you for helping him find what he was looking for. This is why this hobby is growing so well, because of people like you.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The cheapest place I have found it online is US Plastics. This is very close to 3 MM sintra. 3 MM = 0.1181" and this is 0.120" Here is the link:
    http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/sea...h=42485&page=1
    Last edited by Rhyen Skytracker; 02-26-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php