Thread: Steel Plug with D-Ring attached placed as pommel Insert?

Default Steel Plug with D-Ring attached placed as pommel Insert?

Hi all,

I was perusing Random Sabers, and I saw a really nice design idea that I kinda wanna try out. It appears to take a standard MHS Pommel, and taking a steel Plug with a D-Ring inserted instead of a Speaker or Recharge Port. Has anyone else seen this or might know where I could find the parts to make it?

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

We have been planning to offer something similar for quite some time now. Hopefully we can get it done this year.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

That's Great to hear, Strydur. I love the streamline look of my saber, and I didn't want to bolt anything on I didn't have too.

Plus, I can remove the Speaker Pommerl Insert, and put the Steel Plug in when I want to Belt my Saber for Cons....

Bows to our Fearless Leader

I am hoping for something similar, but still retain the speaker grill.

I don't quite trust the glue I have used on my Imperial Knight hilt pommel.
    Last edited by Jedi Ranger; 03-15-2010 at 08:40 AM.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

A while back I suggested a threaded post with a hole for a D-ring. The threaded section would have the same dimensions as a recharge port, and would therefore be compatible with MPS inserts 3 and 6. I'm not sure if that's what Tim is working on, but that would give you your D-ring cake and let you eat the speaker grill cake too.