Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: mr fx obi wan with thin neck mod

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Huh? There's no rubber grips on an Obi-wan saber.

All the parts you need are already in the store. You won't be using a main hilt body, just various extensions.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by jedimastergarcia87 View Post
    That looks pretty sweet dude. I like the modified Obi-wan hilt. I've been wanting an Obi-wan hilt for awhile because he is my favorite jedi besides Anakin. How could I do an MHS Obi if I wanted? I know the blade holder, body, extension, and so on, but how could I get the lower rubber grips plus a sliding switch if its possible? And are you still going to have the stock switch on that?
    if you wanted to build a mhs obi you would need
    blade holder style 8
    and i would wait till tim gets the ribbed and v-grooved/choke extensions in stock, other wise you would need a choke and the ribbed and v-grooved section. wich doesnt look right if you get the seperate ones that he has now, where the combo piece that he will have soon will look much better. and you will need the "gear" piece and a pommel 3v2 and a 2 inch double female. you could use a graflex clamp or just a box style 1 for the clamp and whatever style switch you want.

as for the switch i will be using im not sure if im going to use the stock switch for this as i may need it for my parks dark avenger (obi wan) hilt.
    for now this saber is only going to be and i hate to say it.. a stunt saber (hate to make a saber without sound)
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

Default ...

Eh, stunts are ok sometimes if you don't want to spend alot. So just use the MHS gear at the bottom part of the hilt then? Ok. I'll do that and then paint it black. And Loreen, I meant those grips under the switch.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

What "grips under the switch"? I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Unless you are talking about the gear piece below the clamp? I've seen people use short pieces of the T-grip, but that's not right, it's actually a metal piece. (not really a gear, actually a booster from a machine gun).

Why try to make something that's already in the Store?
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

you mean the lower grip between the clamp and pommel? thats the "gear" section and it is metal.
    a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"