Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mr fx obi wan with thin neck mod

Default mr fx obi wan with thin neck mod

never was a big fan of the neck on the obi wan rots mr fx saber as most of us arent.
    long ago i had this saber and removed the gold piece on the neck and put a ring from a bearing on it. then i sold it to a friend on here.
    now that i have a lathe i had a great idea for it. so i re-acquired it and got straight to work.

completely cut off the neck section all together, then bored the end out a bit and cut a custom neck with trim ring. bored out for a blade holder on the emmiter end and bored out on the other end for a heat sink and optics (still have to cut a heat sink for it)
    heres what i got so far

a wise man once said "dont try to be a great man....just be a man"

that looks awsome, all it needs to me is some black paint. wayyyyyyy better than stock MR as you said.
    So let it be written, So let it be done.

yes definitely black paint and definitely better then stock mr. if feels way better in the hands as well.

im not painting it just yet since im working on another design for it with a slightly thinner neck with a few design modifications that should look even better

Banned Sith Lord

oh snap! hey thats really cool dude.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

LOL, pip do you have a spycam in my shop?
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

lol dont tell me you have been working on one as well LDM

my spycam is hidden over your shop lights lol

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Quote Originally Posted by pipster79 View Post
    lol dont tell me you have been working on one as well LDM

my spycam is hidden over your shop lights lol
    LOL< the saber has been done for 3 months, I still need ot pick electronics. 3/4" blade. very swanky. Wow, I see the spycam! You did a nice job on this one BTW.
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:1. LDM's Basic Saber-build Step-by-Step Tutorial 1A. Maul's Saber Dictionary 1B. THREAD INDEX 1C. Econo Sound Diagrams
    TCSS the #1 Part supplier of LDM customsabers!

thanks again LDM lol good spot for the spy cam eh?

ive done mine for a 1 inch blade. i like it but still am not all that happy with it and am currently working on another that will be even better

The spy cam-sneakyness is flying rampant! Great job, pip.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

Default ...

That looks pretty sweet dude. I like the modified Obi-wan hilt. I've been wanting an Obi-wan hilt for awhile because he is my favorite jedi besides Anakin. How could I do an MHS Obi if I wanted? I know the blade holder, body, extension, and so on, but how could I get the lower rubber grips plus a sliding switch if its possible? And are you still going to have the stock switch on that?