Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2nd Saber. Looking alright?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Using an FX board with the Luxeon 3W V2 driver and a 5V regulator is just as nice as an ultrasound IMO.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

look..if your going to take everything i say so seriously then you need to get a life and get over little petty grudges. Dont read it if your offended. Freedom of speech mate

Freedom of speech means she has the right to say that in defense as well. Besides I agree with her, it's not appropriate. There are other words I highly doubt that you would use to describe groups of people, and are equally offensive in my opinion.
    Last edited by Jordandau; 02-22-2010 at 01:15 AM.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

How would I know if you wrote something I (or someone else) would find offensive unless I read it?

Besides, I'm supposed to read people's posts, I'm a Council Member here and as such, have been asked by Tim, as have the rest of the Council, to help him keep an eye on what's going on here in the Forums.

I realize that people say things like you did in your other post, without thinking about it, which saddens me.

Now you know that it can offend people, since I have made you aware of that. "Freedom of Speech" doesn't mean you have the freedom to now keep offending people by using that word that way.

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Alright. I realise, accidents happen. I dont go out of my way to offend people. I have gay friends, im sure somewhere along the line you have offended someone as well without realising. Apologies for that.

I do not think her post was to make you feel defensive, which it apparently has. Just realize that she is attempting to make this forum we all love a more friendly place to be without having to read something that offends you. You slipped up and accidentally offended someone, she politely let you know. No harm done (well, you know what i mean)

The main point is now you know, and knowing is half the battle...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

I have some respect for the guy. He started out being a troll, and now, he is sincerely apologizing for his rude statement. That is one thing you should remember: J-lo= Hardcore. She'll getcha.
    Prepare for major PWNage.

If you need any help with anything, whatsoever, click here. This should help you.

Definition of n00b- Here.

if you met me, im not a troll lol. I dont go out of my way to offend someone..thats not me, im a personal trainer in the most people orientated industry in the world but i do get defensive, but then again so does everyone if you didnt mean to offend and get baked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Please DO NOT call things you don't like, or you think are stupid, "gay". There are people on this board who are gay and they might be insulted by the word being used in a derogatory manner.

I am one of those and I DO find it insulting.
    If not exclusively there, this is definitely implied in the TOS, and should be suspension worthy. It's on par with racism and ***ism.

To J-Lo specifically; I happen to be openly bi, and I too am typically offended. That being said, I tend to let it slide because of it's increased occurrence as slang. This doesn't justify the derogatory use of the term as a society, but explains the individual slip up. In this case, at least the warning is definitely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by runner4life View Post
    ...but i do get defensive, but then again so does everyone if you didnt mean to offend and get baked for it
    Just to point out, if i accidentally do something to offend someone. My first instinct is to apologize and let them know i did not mean anything by it. Defensiveness is natural, just trying to point out that HER intent was not to make you defensive, just as YOUR intent was not to offend...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~