Thread: any suggestions??

Physically i live in WI,Menatlly back in Ca

Question any suggestions??

OK hello everyone,my name is Spiderdan.if any one can help me that would be great.....what i need help with is building my light saber.I have a Heiland flash gun I would like to use as my hilt,and from there i am pretty stumped. I am not sure what electronics and stuff to get.I do know I want to use LED in the saber design.I would like to go for a ROTJ inspired green blade.any suggestions for parts is greatly appreciated.

thank you and may the force be with you,always SD

Exclamation

One thing's for sure: You have to read a LOT more.
    But you have to tell us more what you want

-Do you want sound?
    *If you do, what soundboard?

-What LED will you use?

-Pic of your desing?

READ
    READ
    READ
    READ

Thank you

Talking Design will depend.....

The design of my saber will depend greatly on what I get to make it.I would like sound but not nessesary I would like to use the seuol led kit to start bit beyond that I think I will need a heat sink and a blade with holder I just want some input from people who have made sabers to tell me what they have found to work for them. My starting point will be using a Heiland flash gun as my hilt and some how working the Seoul led into that design. I have read alot of the threads and know how to assemble the saber I would just like fellow saber builders input . ...............SpiderDan

Quote Originally Posted by Rafalema View Post
    Ok...

You really should ask from someone who has converted heiland(s).

I agree I have worked with odd stuff but not a Heiland, would try if i could afford it.
    "Art is never finished, merely abandoned." Da Vinci

Default nothing really special

the heiland flash gun I have, there is not really anything to it.its pretty empty except for where the flash bulb goes.what i am looking for is just some ideas on what parts that work well to gether to make a nice bright saber that i could in theory duel with.so instead of thinking that it is a heiland think of it more as an empty MHS tube that I need guts for........................................SD

you could try here

or here...

or here....

or.... well, I think you get the point...

There are plenty of posts around here that will answer your question.
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~