Page 80 of 91 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Electronic Lightsaber w/ DVD Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by cardcollector View Post
    You can't use latching switches with the Economy boards. You need to buy a momentary.
    Well, sorry, but this is not completely true.
    It is not the recommended solution but you can actually use a latching switch with the economy boards.
    It just change the way you ignite and turn off the saber.

Basically the economy boards is triggered by the transition between 0 and 1.
    Connecting a latching switch, the board will work this way:

- OFF to ON - the saber turns on
    - ON to OFF - nothing happens
    - OFF to ON - the saber turns off
    - ON to OFF - nothing happens
    - OFF to ON - the saber turns on
    ... and so on

Basically after the first ignition you need to "click" twice on the latching switch to operate the saber.

This can be a bit weird but is useful to avoid unwanted activations (or deactivations) when spinning the saber.
    All TCCS sabers we built for our academy are cabled this way and the people seem to like it.

We had to adopt this solution because the majority of the push buttons are very sensitive and resulted in a lot of unwanted ignitions ... or worst ... deactivations in the middle of a duel.

Dont know if this has already been covered but does anyone know if the new mace and qui-gon lightsabers are the same as the obi-wan? The econo board I mean

Ok so on my dpdt green dot switch I should wire the + and the - with the resistor to the + and just click twice?? And yeah al the new sabers are the same on the econo board as a matter of fact the sound is the same in all of them except vaders.
    "The Force is in all, all are of the Force. Not one thing is greater than the Force, and that is what the Dark Side refuses to see. In the end all balance will restore when we win the war against the Dark Side."

I know they all sound the same what I'm asking is if the boards in the new ones are set up the same as the obi-wan cause anikans and vaders are different

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All the 2010 economy board sound the same. I proved it in this video;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlMp2...6eAUAAAAAAAZAA

Just in case there was any doubt.

The anakin and Vader boards are wired the same, but are wider than the Obi board. Almost a square, they are.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Thank you I've worked on the Obi-wan board but wasn't sure about the others very helpfully thanks again

I have probleme whit my Qui-gon 2010 hasbro board. I remplace the battery pack whit 4 AA (6v). I put the switch on and look the sound, play whit sensor...but after one minute the sound shut down whit the shut down sound (not just stop)... and I open again and after one minute...same thing...I timing it and after 56 sec it shut down...try whit yours and give me answer please

Edit: I did a new post .... http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...349#post207349
    Last edited by darkantonhy; 01-16-2012 at 11:17 AM.

These boards have an automatic shutdown feature to save battery life. If it doesn't register a swing or a clash event within about 45 secs (may vary based on input voltage), then it will power down on its own.

Just keep swinging it, and it should stay on.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Tanks I took a look of that. I timing all and after 15 sec it does a different crackling tanks again

would a power xtender help anywhere? vs. using a 5v regulator and huge battery? tried searching but its late and my brain is like banntha poodoo.
    NOMING YOUR POWER CABLES SINCE 2007

MHS #1 "Coppertop" CFX Neopixel
    MR 616 "Joe Jedi"
    LDM converted Korbanth LS6 (Hero with PC 1.6 and FOC)
    Vintage graflex ANH - probably staying static
    Disney Savi Saber Peace and Justice (experience was worth it)