Page 53 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Electronic Lightsaber w/ DVD Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by Nachttoter View Post
    Question what you guys think of these for for the 2 econo i build for my kids

http://www.luxdrive.com/luxdrive-pro...le-led-driver/

i have the seutp running off 4 aaa alkaline batteries they are running the 2010 boards and powering a lux 1 green and a lux 1 blue 1 in each saber the green is off a yoda board and the blue is running a obi wan board.

any comments or suggestions are welcome.
    Well I will order a couple of these and give some feedback on here as to the usefullness of these in the setup I will use them in. thanks
    Last edited by Nachttoter; 11-23-2010 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo

Quick, probably dumb question. I know I need to get a momentary switch for this board, but does it matter if I get a DPDT illuminated switch or one of the new SPST illuminated switches?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Elf View Post
    Quick, probably dumb question. I know I need to get a momentary switch for this board, but does it matter if I get a DPDT illuminated switch or one of the new SPST illuminated switches?
    Unless you're planning to do something fancy that requires two separate circuits, you don't need a DPDT (double pole, double throw) switch. An SPST (single pole, single throw) is fine.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

But you can use a DPDT and just not use one side of the contacts too. So either one will work for the economy board. When you get to boards that use latching switches, that is where the extra pole can come in handy.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Man, this thread should really be stickied.

Thanks everyone for the info. I thought it didn't really matter, but I wanted to be sure. New switch and a couple odds and ends are in the mail now, so I just need to decide if I want to use one or two 3.7V Li-ions and and maybe buy a 5V regulator then get soldering!

Hey there all.
    Just wondering if anyone in Australia has seen one of these sabers for less then the $59 "special" i saw at Big W.
    Any help would be fantastic thanks.

Jedi Initiate
    Jedi Initiate
    Blog Entries

yep that's more than they are here in japan - 3000 yen on clearance. that's around $40US. good luck on finding one... amazon or something perchance?
    Now known as Azmaria Dei
    i really need "meow on clash" mya! =^_^=

duel - to fight someone 1 on 1
    dual - 2 of something in line with each other

Im kinda freaking out myself the stores have stopped stocking the hasbro electronic sabers here in NZ...heres hoping for a 2011 series?
    }---------------{
    ]-----------------"Fullmerge Benzin"----------------------------------------:Beware of the dark side:--------------------------------------- "Fierfek"--------------------------------[

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If all else fails, you can buy them online, or get the general grevious style saber.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...