Page 69 of 91 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Electronic Lightsaber w/ DVD Tutorial

You can, but that sounds like a mighty big LED. Normal 5mm ones are rated for about 3v and 20ma.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Haha, the only thing I forgot to list was the size of the blinky! It's actually a 5mm Skott, the packaging lists the typical voltage as 3V, so guess that fits the bill. Of course I think I'm going to resistor it just to be on the safe side. Thanks for the fast info!
    What the heck is an aluminum falcon?!

Hello,
    I just got Quinlan Vos saber from tattoosby5 -> inside is Cree Green LED, right now running on 2xAAA bateries. Now, I am thinking to change voltage and add sound card from Hasbro Action saber (2010 - Vader or Obi-Wan - I did not decided yet).

I read this whole topic, but I have 2 questions:

1) When I was searching for resistor in "LED resistor chart" - Cree LED is not present there -> is there any similar LED in chart with which I can do calculation for Cree?
    2) There was lot of talk about transistors -> I am not able to get one of the most recommended (TIP42G), but in topic were notes about BD912 and TIP125 (those I can get). Have anybody experience with some of those? -> which one is "better" for which voltage?

Thank you for some answers!

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

1 - if your voltages are 3.4-4.5V you won't need a resistor for that CREE. anything much more and the soundboard won't live long. personally, i would use 3 NiMH AAA batteries to give you 3.6V as that's pretty much perfect for everything you named.
    2 - the BD912 is a good substitute - i've heard good things about it.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...

THE FLASH HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!

Let me know what you think

"You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Quote Originally Posted by Skottsaber View Post
    THE FLASH HAS BEEN DEFEATED!!!

Let me know what you think
    I think you sometimes sound more British than South African.

No, seriously, I already commented on YouTube. Anyone working with this board is now going to want to tear his or her builds apart and rewire them. Brilliant stuff.
    There's always a bigger fish.

yes very brilliant concurr with Matt we all gonna be doing this to builds we have and any future econo builds....good stuff ...

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Very well done skott. I will see if I have any of these in the shop tonight and maybe post a vid like you are looking for...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    I think you sometimes sound more British than South African.
    I've only lived here for nearly 4 years. I grew up in the south of the UK until I was eleven.

Thanks for the feedback guys.

I have a saber at home with econo sound, and I already have to tear it apart to fix a broken wire. I'm definitely going to try your solution Skott. It's too ridiculously easy not to use (and the flicker looks neat as well).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!