Page 77 of 91 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Electronic Lightsaber w/ DVD Tutorial

Sorry to those who are waiting on this, I probably won't do much else on it as now with the Ultimate FX makes this obsolete and has no blinking.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Jedi Padawan
    Jedi Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Graveyard One View Post
    I am a bit stuck. I have my board wired up with a 5v regulator, an accent led, and a 700ma puck. I have checked and double checked that my TIP42 is wired up correctly. However when the batteries are in, the main and accent LED light up. They respond to the board being turned on by flickering appropriately, like the transistor is still pushing through the changes that cause the stock LEDs to flicker. I am stuck. Any ideas?
    I'm experiencing the same thing although my LEDs are at full brightness and no Flash on Clash effect. I wired in a new TIP, thinking like you did too, and that had no effect. I've rewired and resoldered to no avail. The LEDs, however, do look quite nice...

Knowledge must be balanced by Practice.
    Practice must be balanced by Experience.
    Through Knowledge, Practice, and Experience
    we gain Wisdom.

-Boj-Vaati Mau
    Jedi Sentinel, Jar'Kai practitioner,
    and Instctor at Strafe Plains Temple

Saber Guild: Strafe Plains Temple
    The Rebel Legion

What type of pnp transistor do you use for this?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It may be back feeding through the buckpuck. I don't use buckpucks for these set ups and I have not had that problem.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Force Aware
    Force Aware

Quote Originally Posted by 10,000 Fists View Post
    What type of pnp transistor do you use for this?
    TIP42 (search the "e"lectronic bidding site, it's like a "bay" where cheap stuff resides lol)

On a side note i've wired mine up as normal, negs to the transistor then that upto my buckpuck, and i seem to be getting a sight flicker on both my sabers...interference from some where i think, hmmmm lol
    Judge them from the Darkness...

What is the "e"lectronic bidding site I can't find it?

take the quoted words/letter and combined them.
    "The force is everywhere, it binds us togeather"

Can anyone tell me how to wire this up WITHOUT a recharge port? i'm not using Li-Ion batteries, and i'll be adding the econoboard and an illuminated A/V switch to my already built US Consular. Thanks!

-----------------------------------------
    A Jedi feels the Force flowing through him..

If you're using 3 alkaline batteries (4.5v), then you'll connect the black line from the battery to the green line. Then just trim the red line running to the recharge port.

If you're going for 4 or more alkaline batteries (6v+), then use

Some of the econo boards will take 6v without burning out, some won't. I recommend going for safety and keeping at 5v or less.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Default basic wiring on ob1 cheapo

I took note on these schematics. Went for an ob1 cheapo saber opened it and wired my p4 along with a 4aaa batt pack. Now that I fet it in the saber the p4 wont lite and the sound reduces. Is the 4aaa pack not enough to power the whole deal????