Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I NEED A LIGHTSABER!!!

The easiest way is to surf around. I would really recommend talking with either Tim "Strydur" whom is the shop owner, or UltraSaber though he has been busy lately and doesn't come to the board as often.

Tim can offer you help on everything in the shop through the link above.
    Ultra has his own site though he builds from parts he gets from here. His website is: here.

As for Do-Clo or Xwing.. just surf around the board.. take a peek at the galleries and PM the people whom have a design you like. Keep in mind that none of us work for Tim and may not have the time to build for your film.

How far before you start shooting?

"Do you know how to use that thing?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."

Ok everybody step back for a moment. MB due to alot of our past experiences alot of people do want hand outs. Now we have established you don't, which is good. Now I would suggest investing in a MHS setup and sink tube like I suggested in the chat earlier.

Or contact Ultra aswell, he works with Tim's parts alot and can help you immensely.

As for the aluminum rods your interested in for blades Tim currently does not carry them I think randomsabers.com still has some in stock though.

Let's define your needs. Are you aware of the issues they had on the set with the aluminum rods and why the switched to some carbon type rod? But most importantly, How many sabers do you need in total?

"Do you know how to use that thing?"
    "Yes. The pointy end goes into the other man."

For now I need one. I will eventually need atleast one more. So approximately 2 total. Thanks for the randomsabers website. This looks like a place that I can get what I need. What is the problem with aluminum blades? other than being a little heavier than a carbon blade.

They bend really easily. Carbon fiber doesn't bend, and it is very strong and light. They sell them at randomsabers.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by mb72378

For now I need one. I will eventually need atleast one more. So approximately 2 total. Thanks for the randomsabers website. This looks like a place that I can get what I need. What is the problem with aluminum blades? other than being a little heavier than a carbon blade.
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Random has an extremly long wait time and he WILL NOT do the movie sabers. For legal reasons he won't touch designs that are too close.

You could make a really easy one out of the stuff here with a polycarbonate blade.

If you want to really duel aluminum is not the best. It will bend. PolyC or Carbonfiber will be rigid and light without permenantly bending if struck too hard.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

i used aluminum before and it is also hard on my wrists. it doesn't have any give like polycarbonate.

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

PolyC gives?

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

More than an aluminum rod would....its kinda springy....dosn't create the impact on hands wrists and such like aluminum would.

<center></center>

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by informalmyx

PolyC gives?

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Well, it does bend... otherwise it couldn't take impacts. The more rigid it is the more likely it like will either shatter or bend (permenantly that is).

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>