Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Hands, Clean Saber Hilt???

Question Dirty Hands, Clean Saber Hilt???

alright so, after dueling with a freind for about 2 hours i noticed my hands were a little bit dirty. almost like taking a pecil lead and rubbin all over my hands, but my saber hilt was fine (clean). so heres the question: has anyone esle experienced this before? all though i will admit it had rained outside a few hours before we went and sparred and the ground was a little muddy from the fact that we were constantly slipping and sliding in the same spots, and i did drop it a couple of times, but all that being said, my hands were more of a silverish/graphite color instead of brown (if it were mud). so yeah lol any tips or hints? and just to answer this strait out: no i dont have any electronics in it yet, just the MHS hilt and a solid red color thick tube (polycarb, the ones you can buy on here). and also i have a bit of a problem with the tube as well, it seems to be stuck in my emitter (blade holder), its almost like someone used some JB weld up in there lmao... but yeah any advice/help would be much appriciated...

May The Darksiders Rule All!!!

Yes, that happens frequently....it's the raw aluminum being polished off by the oils in your skin....polish your hilt to prevent it from happening.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I kinda figured that was the case but i was hoping it was somthing else. but regardless thanks. any specific kind of polish i need to use??? name brand or type? would i be able to get it at like home depot or mclendons ect or would i need to go to a specialty store?

You can get aluminum polish at Wal-mart if you need to. I like to use Mother's Aluminum and Mag polish....it's in the automotive section.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Sweet thanks man. any advice on how long i should go between polishings? by the way, how did you/where did you get the pic in your signature? its got a really awsome flashing yellow blade.. i always wondered how people did that lol.

Just polish it when it starts to look dull gray instead of silver. The sig image I have was made for me by a member of another forum i'm on.
    Last edited by Jay-gon Jinn; 02-16-2010 at 12:30 PM.

Banned Sith Lord

semichrome works better IMO.

I hand rub polish my hilt all the time. I sometimes do it just for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by grayven View Post
    I hand rub polish my hilt all the time. I sometimes do it just for fun.
    Not going there... or did I just go there by saying I'm not going there? Doh!

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Well played good sir
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!