Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PCB for 7.4 volt pack.

It's for one of these types of BLI. This is the one I'm using for li-ion.

http://www.batteryspace.com/fuelgaug...tterypack.aspx.

That's a nice find Sunrider.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Banned Sith Lord

okay. so it is for the power outputs or for the PLI/BLI? im confused. took a pic but my internet was down last night will post later today.

DJ... think of it simply as such:

* The little battery PCB... is a "driver" of sorts
    * The cells are protected by this driver
    * The order goes: Batteries --> PCB --> EVERYTHING ELSE

It is (literally) the driver board that is the "gatekeeper" between OTHER components and the Li-Ion cells for power. Everything else should go through the "gatekeeper" (PCB) to get to the cells.

The PCB prevents/suppresses ALL kinds of disasters:

~ Over-voltage
    ~ Over-drain
    ~ Short-circuit
    ~ Bad/reversed polarity

...those kinds of things. We should BE so lucky if that kind of thing was set up on other cell types. I'm not kidding--they avoid fire... explosions... and generally killing battery packs. Good stuff.

Wiring is not hard once you understand them. It's simply "input + and -" and "output + and -". The COMMON is for allowing a "~7.2v" setup or simply sticking with "~3.6v" setup.

Also... some PCBs can handle only ONE type of setup (i.e. only 7.2v or only 3.6v)... while others support up to ~14.4v. And to get crazier... SOME allow for larger attempts upon how much "juice" (amps) you can drain. Others... only allow a certain, lower amount.

They... ARE... DRIVERS.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

I think I will just use protected li-ion cells.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

Banned Sith Lord

nova star. thanks for the info but i allready new this information. kal has taught me alot.

as for the two wires it was indeed for a PLI. because i took needle nose pliers and pulled it off the board because it was getting in the way. beneath it said LED. but yeah got it all soldered up and ready to go. still doing other wiring but as of i am pretty sure my wiring is sound. cant be sure till i fire it up though. soon... first test fire... soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    DJ... think of it simply as such:

* The little battery PCB... is a "driver" of sorts
    * The cells are protected by this driver
    * The order goes: Batteries --> PCB --> EVERYTHING ELSE

It is (literally) the driver board that is the "gatekeeper" between OTHER components and the Li-Ion cells for power. Everything else should go through the "gatekeeper" (PCB) to get to the cells.

The PCB prevents/suppresses ALL kinds of disasters:

~ Over-voltage
    ~ Over-drain
    ~ Short-circuit
    ~ Bad/reversed polarity

...those kinds of things. We should BE so lucky if that kind of thing was set up on other cell types. I'm not kidding--they avoid fire... explosions... and generally killing battery packs. Good stuff.

Wiring is not hard once you understand them. It's simply "input + and -" and "output + and -". The COMMON is for allowing a "~7.2v" setup or simply sticking with "~3.6v" setup.

Also... some PCBs can handle only ONE type of setup (i.e. only 7.2v or only 3.6v)... while others support up to ~14.4v. And to get crazier... SOME allow for larger attempts upon how much "juice" (amps) you can drain. Others... only allow a certain, lower amount.

They... ARE... DRIVERS.
    Thanks Nova, made it quite clear with a simple explanation. I pretty much figured that was how a pcb worked but you gave me a clear visual! Once again, thanks for summing it up!
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Yer welcome!

<--goes back to celebrating V-day w/ fiancee', heheh
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Banned Sith Lord

bow chicka wow wow

I'd still love to see a diagram for these setups with a recharge port.

I'm was planning on doing a 7.4v 1800mah setup for my new saber with (4) 3.7v 900mah li-ions.

I understand how they should be setup in parrellel and series to dbl - dbl them, but it seems each battery has to be connected to the pcb by itself. Would I have to use 2 of these pcbs together and then how the heck would I wire that with a recharge port.... ahhhhhhh!... everytime I seem to answer one problem 3 more tend to arise, ever feel like that?

OK as I am writeing this I looked something up and it reads as so from the TCSS link to the data sheet for the 7.4v pcb Tim sells
    1、B+: Connected to the second battery’s positive terminal
    2、BM/COM: Connected to the first battery’s positive terminal
    3、B-: Connected to the first battery’s negative terminal
    4、P+: Connected to the battery’s output or the charger’s positive terminal/ positive on the recharge port?
    5、P-: Connected to the battery’s output or the charger’s negative terminal
    /negative on the recharge port?
    Would you still use a 7.4v li-ion charger?

From what I gather here this will work for only 2 batteries correct? I'm screwed trying to do a 4 battery setup like this and I have to go back to the drawing board, or use two huge 3.6v 2600mah ones, which is something I really really don't want to do.

If I have to I have to, I wish them new nanobatteries would come out already!

P.S. is there a pcb for the setup i want to do? If so what should I google?
    Last edited by Jase Kala Maris; 03-26-2010 at 03:30 AM.