Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MR FX sound modules schematics and discussions

Today, I got a MR Mace Windu board in an auction. It looks pretty much identical to the 2005 Luke board.

A have a couple of questions. How many mA does this board output?

I assume it's less than the 1000mA. In that case, can I use a 1000mA BuckPuck with the board?

I intend to run it off 4.8V battery pack.

Would this work?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did look, but I didn't find any wiring diagram that shows how to properly wire a BuckPuck to a MR or Hasbro board.
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."

Council Member
    Sith Lord

The board does the job of a 1000mA buckpuck. Just run it right off the board.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Banned Sith Lord

okay quick question... i have a vader board.... i know how to wire it an all but i dont have a multimeter so i dont know the volts and amps it puts out when driven by 6 volts (4AA) and i am wanting to wire a small green 5mm LED to the main LED leads. does anybody know this? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    okay quick question... i have a vader board.... i know how to wire it an all but i dont have a multimeter so i dont know the volts and amps it puts out when driven by 6 volts (4AA) and i am wanting to wire a small green 5mm LED to the main LED leads. does anybody know this? thanks
    Use the "Resistor Chart" to find the right resistors, but I'm guessing you will want a 2.2-Ohm, 5-Watt resistor for the main 3-Watt LED, and a 220-Ohm, 1/4-Watt resistor for the accent LED. Just be sure to hooks the LEDs up in parallel, not in series.
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 10-16-2009 at 06:46 AM.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

It also depends on the main LED you use. I usually drive Blue and green CREE LEDs straight off of the board. They are rated at 1000 mA and most of the MRs I use with 4 AAA (6V) is around 1200mA which is overdriving them just a bit. You definitely need a resistor for your accent LEDs.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Banned Sith Lord

im using a force fx Vader ESB board. i called you about it today rhyen. what i want to know is how many volts are coming out of the other end of that vader board. i got that its 1200mah. but no volts. lol

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoonbass View Post
    im using a force fx Vader ESB board. i called you about it today rhyen. what i want to know is how many volts are coming out of the other end of that vader board. i got that its 1200mah. but no volts. lol
    the voltage will be about 6 volts. I usually use a 1/4 watt, 220 ohm resistor for accent led's on an MR board with a 6 volt power supply.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Better yet, DJ needs to invest in a multimeter and learn about metering for current, voltage, and all kinds of good stuff.

Also... FYI, DJ... "mAh" and "mA" are *NOT* the same thing.

For any other n00bz reading:

* Batteries that read "1200mAh" (or xxxxxmAh) ... do NOT equate with "1200mA". The "mAh" value has very little reflection on what the cells are capable of outputting current-wise.

If you think about it--it makes sense. 10 miles is NOT the same as 10 miles per hour.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Novastar View Post
    If you think about it--it makes sense. 10 miles is NOT the same as 10 miles per hour.
    one of the best ways Ive seen it put..

you should re-cycle that analogy for later use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Maul View Post
    The board does the job of a 1000mA buckpuck. Just run it right off the board.
    What if I wanted to use a white Seoul P4 LED (Forward Voltage: 3.25V)?
    I would need a 1.5 Ohm 5 Watt resistor in that case, wouldn't I?
    "I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i am not."