Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MR FX sound modules schematics and discussions

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Default MR FX sound modules schematics and discussions

2005 MR Luke

Should be ran off of 4.5-6v. You do not need to use the LED output of the board. If you do use the output the LED may be ran at too high or too low of amperage.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Default Dimensions?

If you happen to have a caliper or a ruler and sharp eye could you give me the dimensions as close to exact as possible for this board, Length, Width, Depth? I'm working on a fairly small blade and I'm hoping there's a board out there that'll fit, but not too many places (er, /none/ that I've found) have sound board dimensions, and no one else has been able to help me.

I happen to have one on my bench along with a set of calipers:
    0.95" wide
    2.285" long
    0.8" tall...this measurement can vary though, depending on how you set it up.

I took this with the way I use it, with the clash sensor hot glued to the top of the board. This measurement also included the solder points on the bottom of the board.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    I happen to have one on my bench along with a set of calipers...
    Thank you so much. I may still be able to use a sound board if I alter my design now, but it seems unlikely. Course, I might just alter my design a bit more radically. All will be seen. Thanks again!

Why so many LED wires? Which negative wire would you chose to go to the Luxon? Are the shock sensors just springs?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Why so many LED wires? Which negative wire would you chose to go to the Luxon? Are the shock sensors just springs?
    All the negative wires are for staging the string of LEDs in the original blade, that is how it looked like a ramp up/down effect. You put all the negative wire together for a Luxeon LED. You can see how it is done here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?t=3 it is toward the bottom.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Are the shock sensors just springs?
    Basically yes. It's housed inside a small cylinder that's wired to the board marked Hit. You'd use this and the one marked VDD from the board as your positive LED leads.

The rest as Rhyen says are the negatives that you'd need to combine to get your negative lead.

Default ID request

I won three MR FX sound modules in the silent auction, but am not sure of the identity of one of them. Here are some pics.

I believe it's the first Mace Windu board, from 2004. The back of the board has the code "RL-547B", and the date "2004\MAY\07". It's different from the Mace Windu I used here. I believe this board used a 6AA battery pack, which would be 9 volts. Can anyone confirm the identity, and tell me if there's anything I should be careful of in using it? For example, this sounds like one of the boards LDM was talking about here, since the switch has four wires instead of two, so I'm assuming that means it is split into two circuits, but I'm not sure how that would affect the way I use it. Thanks in advance.
    There's always a bigger fish.

9v... No... that's not right.

Although it is true that some MR sabers had a 6AA pack, none of them ever ran 9v (unless it was EL, and that was back in the DAY).

All stock MRs run off of 4.5v. It just so happens the 6AA packs "double up" on the current with this setup, so they will have more runtime (or "autonomy" as Erv says, heheh)... 3AA + 3AA.

I can't confirm if it's a Mace, but... as far as I recall, only the Mace and Luke were released in a 6AA setup. And yes, also as 3AA setups as well. In general, you should be pretty safe giving the board a "temporary" 3v just to test it without the light... and I'm sure you'll figure it out. I heard about those weird switch setups though.
    ~~ GREYTALE NOVASTAR (Writer, Director, Choreographer, Sound Designer, Actor, Saber Designer, Vocal Artist)
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP I: "Into The Lion's Den"
    ~~ Balance of Power, EP II: "Ashes of The Phoenix"
    ~~ The Crystal Focus Sound CD Compendiums... are HERE! ~~
    ~~ Nova & Caine's Staged Combat System... comin' SOON!
    ~~ Crystal Focus Wiring Guide

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Are those the ones with the 4 wire switch? Those are fun to get to use with a SPST switch. It can be done.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php