Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Nerdy Star Wars Thing You Ever Did.

Default Most Nerdy Star Wars Thing You Ever Did.

So lets hear about it. Wether you got "Its A Trap!" tatooed just above your waistline, or if you actually bought the star wars cookbook and attempted to swoon a date with a greedo burrito and wookie cookies, I wanna know.

Mine would have to be in 7th grade, I grew a padawan rat tail, like Obi Wan had in Episode I, and Anakin in Ep II. It was not well recieved, even by another kid who had one. And this other kid, he didnt have a random rat tail, I mean it was behind the right ear, braded everyday, and had clearly been growing for months, full length, and when I went up to him and said hey dude, balls on ye, I started one too, he told me to **** off,

Kind of like this one time I posted on a lightsaber hobby site pointing out I was new, and someone totally bit my **** off about pointing out the obvious...

But lets hear your maxed out star wars nerd event.
    "Being only of Wisdom and Talent is the lowest tier of usefulness."

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mine would probably be Walking around at a flea market with my costume on and I heard some one say- "hey look its Anakin"

I turned around and said,
    "um, no anakin has a leather veat and a graflex lightsaber, and proceeded to tell them everything about anakin's dress style and even... hair.

Pretty bad, but it was a stranger...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Keep in mind that this is a PG forum, NO SWEARING is allowed.

I don't know if you censored yourself with the asterisks or not. If you didn't, that means that the swear filter caught your words. So, it doesn't look like you were saying that that "someone" bit your head off.

Self censoring or not, it still looks like you intended insinuating the swear words, and we don't want to see that here. Thanks
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Hmm. Everything Star Wars is nerdy so this is kinda hard. How about this...

I used to collect Star Wars figures and vehicles, starting in 1997 (all my 70's SW toys had long turned to dust) and kept them at "near mint in box". I had quite a lot of them before money got too tight and I had to sell the entire collection on ebay. Haven't collected any since.

Oh, I once made the regular landspeeder toy into an RC version that could still accept figures. Twas neat I tell you.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Lol swap meat story is teh lols.

@ Loreen, Yeah mah bad, I figured if there was a filter it would catch it, but I dont think I said what you probably think I said, if thats what you were thinking. PS: What happened? You decided to cut it with the blue for a few posts and then your independence came raging back.
    "Being only of Wisdom and Talent is the lowest tier of usefulness."

Board Lurker
    Board Lurker

It's a toss up between being able to hear the igniting of a lightsaber on a a computer or tv through 4 walls and Bugging my roommates about lightsabers and lightsaber styles for the past year. They have hence dubbed me "lightsaber nerd"(which i have yet to do, due to funding issues. Trust me, saving up has not worked) anyways So I know that's not very nerdy, but when you see star wars Rp books describe lightsabers and who used them, and you notice the errors, i think it's time to get help
    Be forgiving of the past, hopeful of the future and mindful of the present.

Banned Sith Lord

a tradition for me. EVERY year for last the three years. i have wore my jedi OR sith robe to school for finals. its lucky. EVERYBODY knows me here. i even got my own article in the school newspaper about my robes and saberbuilds.

its funny. people sometimes joke about my saberbuilds, they dont actually make fun of me but they will playfully give me crap, but when i do finish one or bring one to school. they cant keep there hands off it. i even got a group of girls to take a pic with me when i was in costume during finals.

oh did i mention last year i asked out a girl when i was in costume during halloween. and it WORKED!

Proud times, Proud times. lol

For me it would have to be the Jedi Picnic that a buddy of mine hosted a few years back. We had a giant BBQ and then divided the attendees into jedi and sith. Everyone was handed a lightsaber (the fun hasbro ones from when episode 2 came out) and we had an elimination tournament. The winners (one jedi one sith) had to fight to see who was the grand champion of the day. (I still have my R2 cutout)

Best part was that it was a saturday and the houses around us had a perfect view of what was going on. The local kids really got into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Keep in mind that this is a PG forum, NO SWEARING is allowed.

I don't know if you censored yourself with the asterisks or not. If you didn't, that means that the swear filter caught your words. So, it doesn't look like you were saying that that "someone" bit your head off.

Self censoring or not, it still looks like you intended insinuating the swear words, and we don't want to see that here. Thanks
    No nerdy tales to go with the head biting off bit???? Ha ha

Most nerdy thing was in dress at Movie Mania being asked who I was, Invisas was the reply, are you a jedi followed by, I'm a grey jedi. Not sith but not adhering to the dogmatic views of the jedi.....

Oh dear.

And then pretending to be beaten in a lightsaber standoff with a 4yr old kid.

It's amazing that parents thank you for entertaining their kids like that, epsecially when you're acting like a big kid yourself.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I belong to the Rebel Legion, the premier good guy, LFL sanctioned, Star Wars costuming group.

I go to charity events and movies in costume.

If you Google Jedi Loreen, one thing that comes up is my (now outdated) EL Lightsaber Blade Tutorial that I wrote for TheForce.Net back in 2004.

How much nerdier can I be?

In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!