Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Most Nerdy Star Wars Thing You Ever Did.

Default nerdy

I live in the small town Titusville, Florida. Every month our little town puts on either a downtown street party or a classic car cruise-in, and I go dressed up. Most of the time I go as a Jedi, but during the winter months I break out my Supreme Edition Darth Vader costume. Once me and my daughters made the front page of a local newspaper.

http://www.northbrevardbeacon.com/2010/100107.pdf
    Yes the little one's name is Mara Jade Grande, and the older one walking out of frame is Zymoni Myshell.

I've done several mods to the Darth Vader costume and no I'm not part of any costuming group, I might at some point join one.
    Last edited by fawnheart2000; 02-10-2010 at 10:57 AM. Reason: added location

Probably yelling, "I am Luke Skywalker" at the top of my lungs in the movie theater right before the lights went down for the Special Edition screening of A New Hope in 1997. I was so excited because it was the first time I was going to see Star Wars in the theater. It got a big laugh from most of the audience, but it was really nerdy! haha
    Follow Your Bliss

When I was real little I used to get my mom to buy clothes that specifically resembled SW characters'. I had a bunch of white long-sleeves and a little black vest so I could do the Han Solo thing, and black turtle necks and jeans so I could do the Luke ROTJ thing.

Guess its excusable because I was so young (I'm talking five or six) but looking back on it, I must've looked insane, cuz I dressed like that like every day!

For me, it would be waiting in line for TPM all day long and getting my photo in the local paper for being one of the first ones to get a ticket(the only people that got them before me were my friends that I came with). It wasn't like the multiday camping adventure some people had because the local mall wouldn't let people wait on their grounds until they opened in the morning, but I spent all night at the IHOP across the street until they opened.

We spent the entire day playing D&D, so that might also add to the nerdyness.

Probably when I was 16/17 or so and a couple of friends had just gotten their divers license's so they came over to grab me so I could go out cruising with them trying to pick up girls. They walked in and there I was test fitting the parts together for my homemade graflex saber. They didn't say much but they had looks on their faces that said 'what the hell is this guy DOING??' whilst smirking themselves to death. They asked me to come out with them and I said 'no way, I'm working on my lightsaber'. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    I belong to the Rebel Legion, the premier good guy, LFL sanctioned, Star Wars costuming group.

I go to charity events and movies in costume.

If you Google Jedi Loreen, one thing that comes up is my (now outdated) EL Lightsaber Blade Tutorial that I wrote for TheForce.Net back in 2004.

How much nerdier can I be?

Most of us around here belong to some type of group. Remember, you are on a lightsaber forum. That in itself is normal around here. You have to go beyond being in a costuming group, Loreen.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I did go beyond that.

Referring to my writing of said tutorial in my quoted post.

I used to be famous for that. People all over the world knew who I was, for that.
    I even had fans. People who read that tutorial would come up to me at conventions and tell me that they read it.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Default loreen

Yeah I read that Tutorial. It was awesome at the time and I believe it was one of the many reasons Strydur created TCSS is because of that Tutorial.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Need I say more.

Live long and...I mean May the force be with you. http://saberconcepts.50.forumer.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyen Skytracker View Post
    Need I say more.

I think Rhyen wins