Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 12 color disc question

You are definately wrong on one point - his name is Tim. []

But I think we can forgive a slight slip of the fingers.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/Dahak/

Thanks, that was a definate misstyping. One stinking key away.[V]
    Oh well, as long as I got the rest right I won't feel completely stupid.

<font color="limegreen">Do or do not. There is no try.</font id="limegreen">

Hey Tim-
    Do you have a light-transmission % available on those color discs? Just curious (if it's already posted somewhere & I missed it, sorry)
    The new diffuser stuff looks great, too. Is that a 3-watt blue you were using in the pics? I was hoping to even out the 3-watt Cyan I have a little bit, but it looks pretty close to what I have with my nylon (must be the stepped up power, 'cause the star/o I'm rockin' is perfectly even across the whole blade). Thanks man, rock on [8D]

"Chaka, call off Dawson, will ya?!"

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I do not as they where not designed for this type of application.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Tim,
    The diffuser looks awesome. Well done and thank you for all your effort in finding it. I look forward to using it in my saber with the discs (which I should receive tomorrow) once I get it finished.

<font color="limegreen">Do or do not. There is no try</font id="limegreen">

I think Tim might be able to answer this question best, but there may be others as well. I really love the colored filters and 12 of them is a good number (and very nicely priced as well[]) but I was trying to find possible other colors as well. Does anyone know of anything good to use as color filters? Maybe a product such as Tim sells? Tim do you plan to get more colors? I know the ones you sell pretty much covers all the Star Wars colors but I guess I'm just greedy- I want a crap ton of colors!LOL! Besides it keeps me busy, when not building/modifying sabers, checking for new posts here, doing other daily things, I could always go to my drawer that houses my eleventy billion color discs and pass the time saying "Wow, forgot what that one looked like, tomarrow I'll move on to my blue section in the drawer"- Yes I realize I might be just a tad obsessed but hey, its legal d@mn*t![]

Cain

***It is now that we battle.When you die, await my arrival in the afterlife where we will battle again.Perhaps there you may have the ability to defeat me,but not here,not now,not this day.So let us part with words and embrace the blade.***

What you'd be looking for is a Lee Swatch Book. It's basicaly a little book that has strips of every lighting gel Lee makes in it. The strips are big enough to use on saber blades. You can either tape the gel to the bottom or cut them out into discs.

Here's where you can get one:

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/cinemasu...watchbook.html

Or maybe Strydur can get them, I don't know.

http://www.ultrasabers.com
    Corbin|Strydur|Ultra
    The Holy Luxeon Trinity

Quick question,

Is the amber LED going to be Yellow, or is Yellow achieved by using a white LED with a filter?

I get the impression people are using the amber LED for orange, orange'red and red sabers.

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Umi_Ryuzuki

Quick question,

Is the amber LED going to be Yellow, or is Yellow achieved by using a white LED with a filter?

I get the impression people are using the amber LED for orange, orange'red and red sabers.

Nyow!
    /
    =^o^=
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yup, Amber is used for orange to red colors. I think amber is closest to the red of the MR sabers. It definatly has more of an orange tint than a plain red LED.

It's almost like the difference between a true blue (royal blue in the shop) and cyan LEDs.

<center>
    www.dewbackwing.com</center>

I was wondering if the blade used in the "Complete Blades" section uses a blue LED or a white LED with a color disk?

Try not,
    Do or do not...
    There is no try