Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 12 color disc question

Default 12 color disc question

I am triyng to decide whether to make my blade el or led.I am new to this and have many friends who want them made for them as well, so I want to get it right.We fight very hard with midevil weaponry & armor, all of which I custom make & now we want to get into this as well.

Anyway,sorry I tend to rant...My question is I am slightly color blind and wish to know the colors of the discs in order on the picture. I am color blind but my friends are not, dont want to look like a fool passing around my blue lightsaber that is purple...Also, it says you must "drop them between the blade and led lens", so you can simply take the blade out and quickly change it or is it more involved?

Thank you and sorry I sound like the ultimate newbie,
    Cain

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

You can quickly change them. I am not color blind, but I couldnt tell you what order I laid those out in and I dont sell them labeled..you just get a bag with all 12 colors.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Thats ok.I'll just have to suck it up and ask one of my friends to identify them for me when I order them.Then I can keep them labeled.

is it really all 12 disks for 1 dollar? that is incredible. since you got those in, i am very seriously considering building an led saber. question though, is it possible to trim the disks down to 3/4"? i am almost positive that if i build one, it will have a 3/4" blade. thanks

i am a nerd, if you don't like it, i will cut you with my lightsaber

Ya you could trim them down pretty easy.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">Hey Strydur, how is the comparison between the colored LEDs and a white LED blade with your one of your new color filters? Is one method brighter than the other? (ex. Red LED -vs- white LED + red filter) Thanks for the info!

Vengus

</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

A true colored LED will always be brighter and a more true color, but they looked nice with the filters also.

Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

<font face="Book Antiqua"><font size="2"><font color="red">Hmmmmmm. food for thought[]... Thanks!

Vengus</font id="red"></font id="size2"></font id="Book Antiqua">

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster and more deadly than before. Go and seek death, my Apprentice." - Vengus, Sith Lord

my thoughts exactly vengus. Personally though, I think I will wait for some pictures of finished blades with the discs before I go and buy the whole setup.

There are two exceptions to what Tom said. If you are wanting a blue (not cyan) blade you would be better off (in terms of brightness) using a filtered white luxeon III instead of the blue or royal blue because the white puts out almost 3 times as much light (in lumens) and no filter should ever dim the light that much and still be used for a non-militaristic activity. Depending on the filter you could also get a roughly equal color as the blue LED.

If I'm wrong here, someone let me (and as such everyone else) know.

<font color="limegreen">Do or do not. There is no try.</font id="limegreen">