Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: New style hasbro saber!!! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    Great! Very easy to understand. Many thanks. Do you ever encounter a problem with either the board or the LED driver not responding to a push of the switch, resulting in the one being off while the other is on? Obviously, you can easily reset it with the master switch, but I'm just wondering. I have one of these now, and am amazed at the size. If you were to forgo the TCSS LED driver and just use a resistor, you could, theoretically, fit everything you need (except the speaker) into a pipe with an internal diameter of just 3/4" (19mm). Pretty mind-boggling. People who are converting korbanth's hilts will definitely want to consider this cheap, tiny soundboard.
    Well, actually, you know it's much more likely that the hasbro board will automatically shut itself off (built in timer function), leaving the LED on. Again easily fixed with the master switch, but I've found that you can also quickly cycle the momentary to get both boards back "into sync" so to speak.

And yes, these boards are quite small, which is a great thing indeed!

Oh, BTW, the momentary switch in that diagram should be rotated 90 degrees - i.e. if you bend the "legs" of the switch out flat, the leads should be like this

orange---switch---purple
    orange---switch---purple
    Last edited by cannibal869; 03-28-2010 at 12:45 AM.
    LOCKHEED

Quote Originally Posted by cannibal869 View Post
    Well, actually, you know it's much more likely that the hasbro board will automatically shut itself off (built in timer function), leaving the LED on. Again easily fixed with the master switch, but I've found that you can also quickly cycle the momentary to get both boards back "into sync" so to speak.

And yes, these boards are quite small, which is a great thing indeed!

Oh, BTW, the momentary switch in that diagram should be rotated 90 degrees - i.e. if you bend the "legs" of the switch out flat, the leads should be like this

orange---switch---purple
    orange---switch---purple
    Doh! I forgot about the time-out. Yeah, either way, it's no big deal. And, yes, I understood what the switch layout was supposed to mean. Thanks again.

I was just thinking that it would be nice to use one of the accents to light an illuminated anti-vandal momentary switch, but then it occurred to me that I don't know of a DPST model of such a switch. The ones I have are all SPST.
    There's always a bigger fish.

The lighted anti-vandals sold in the TCSS store (both momentary and latching) are DPDT. Would they work for your needs?

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    The lighted anti-vandals sold in the TCSS store (both momentary and latching) are DPDT. Would they work for your needs?
    Oops. You're right. They're rather long, though, and pretty much require the TCSS control box, which adds considerable bulk to a hilt.

I'm not a fan of control boxes myself, however the bezel for anti-vandals below isn't all that bad bulk-wise. Still, it would be nice if those switches were shorter.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Be...ches-P448.aspx

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    I'm not a fan of control boxes myself, however the bezel for anti-vandals below isn't all that bad bulk-wise. Still, it would be nice if those switches were shorter.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Be...ches-P448.aspx
    I do love those bezels, and use them often. But with the store switches, there's not a lot of wiggle room, is there? The new MPS Insert style 11 looks a very cool way around the problem. I'll have to buy a couple.

It just means that you have to locate your speaker a ways back, which could lead to some considerable need for cram-fu.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent

Default DV anyone?

Most of this discussion seems to be around the Obi...has anyone persisted with a DV and what are the results? Toys R Us has the news ones for 14.99 on sale starting today. Also, my Target had a Yoda...anyone tear one of those apart yet?

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Orthus View Post
    Most of this discussion seems to be around the Obi...has anyone persisted with a DV and what are the results? Toys R Us has the news ones for 14.99 on sale starting today. Also, my Target had a Yoda...anyone tear one of those apart yet?
    The Darth Vader is considerably harder to wire than the obiwan because you are de-soldering right off of the board. Soundwise no one has posted a video compared to an obi (though they are supposed to be a little different.)

I'm so going to Target this week. Maybe I can do some more experimenting...
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Youngling

I'll head by my local Toys R Us tomorrow and pickup the others if they have them in stock.

I've been using the Obi's since they work so well - with a TCSS deluxe speaker they are pretty damn awesome.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."