Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: New style hasbro saber!!! Please help!

That sounds so much better than the Force Action. I'd like to hear a better quality recording, but it sounds like it might actually be a pretty decent low-budget alternative to a "real" sound board. The Force Action has an awful idling hum and annoying swing sound, and the old Electronic Lightsaber sounds all right, but lacks a motion sensor.

But I already have a stock of about 30 old toy sound boards , so I don't see myself paying for one of these in the near future.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Youngling

Picked up the Obi Wan Kenobi version at Toys-R-Us today. Not bad, hilt is much lighter weight and the blade is shorter than the Force Action version.

The sounds are good. It has the following sounds:

Power Up
    Power Down
    A good standby hum

It seems to have:
    2 Swings
    2 Clashes

On a clash it does do the clash effect with the LCD, its much more noticeable than the Force Action board.

The Lightsaber Battles DVD is a mini-DVD included with a "best-of" Clone Wars lightsaber duels and movie ones as well. They have different background music and mixes than the original fights in some cases.

The duels are:
    Anakin vs Dooku (Clone Wars)
    Ahsoka & Luminara vs Ventress (Clone Wars)
    Yoda vs Battle Droids (Clone Wars)
    Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul (TPM)
    Mace Windu vs Palpatine (RotS)
    Obi-Wan vs General Grievous (RotS)
    Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (RotJ)

More experimentation and disassembly to come.
    Last edited by Dakarn; 02-07-2010 at 02:19 PM. Reason: List of DVD battles added and spelling.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

Extra kewl Dakarn, keep us up to date.
    Last edited by Kal El Rah; 02-07-2010 at 04:13 PM.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

It's a step in the right direction at least.
    I for one could do without the silly "flash on clash" or "flash on startup" effect.
    LOCKHEED

now seems to be a good time to build a saber with this type of hasbro board...i do have a amber lux. III im not using haha

It sounds like some of the HFX soundboard experience may have rubbed off at Hasbro.

It does seem to have abbreviated efx board, swing and clash seem to be the same as the efx board.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think it is a HUGE improvement!

I'll pick one up soon, maybe even get a wiring diagram up...

maybe.
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

Youngling

Btw, its a lot of fun to spin and mess around with - the Obi-Wan has good balance and its short so you can spin indoors.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight. Not as clumsy or random as a blaster; an elegant weapon for a more civilized age."

I just picked one up yesterday. I haven't found an elegant way of disassembling it yet. It splits in half like all the others, but the top and bottom halves are glued together. I ended up dremmeling it a bit to get it apart.

It uses a push button momentary switch that isn't a switch at all, just a dot on the board itself with a silicone cover. Kinda like a calculator button.
    It looked a bit difficult to take off the entire LED board, so I just desoldered the individual LEDs and attached wires to the traces. I wasn't sure which is positive or negative, so I used the old cheap hasbro ring to test it. Unless it doesn't matter which is which, I got it right first try.

I have a hunch that hasbro has been keeping tabs on the saber hobby people, cuz there are printed holes for a momentary switch on the board. They weren't tinned or connected to anything, but when I hooked up my switch they worked perfectly. They must know we're going to buy a few of these if they work for our purposes.

I've included a picture of the way I attached wires for the LED and the size of the new speaker, its tiny!
    Attached Images Attached Images