Thread: New style hasbro saber!!! Please help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default I broke down...

and bought a DV at Toys R Us. Indeed, it was 14.99 on sale, but it has that annoying LED flash for power up/down and clash. Disassembly commences in 5...4...3...2

I tried running some wires off a DV version tonight w/out luck. If anyone can post a diagram of how where to do this that'd be much appreciated! I think there should be 1 + and 3 -?

Since the DV/Anakin version seem to be the same board w/ just different colors, I wonder if the Yoda version will be the same as the OW.
    Jedi Ronin. No Master, save the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Et Kin Evenstar View Post
    I tried running some wires off a DV version tonight w/out luck. If anyone can post a diagram of how where to do this that'd be much appreciated! I think there should be 1 + and 3 -?

Since the DV/Anakin version seem to be the same board w/ just different colors, I wonder if the Yoda version will be the same as the OW.
    Disassembly complete!
    The Positive is the common connection, with the Negatives separate.
    On the backside of the board you can see where the LED sub-board sticks through the main board. The wide trace right above (LEDs at the top) where the screen on the backside says "SW1" in white is the positive trace. The 3 narrow traces are the negatives. With no convenient wires or holes to attach to, desolder the LEDs on the LED sub-board and use those holes to solder wires. There appears to be no difference in the three LEDs...they flash together and power on/off together. Wiring to one of the three will do the trick. Why not a single negative trace? Beats me.