Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: New style hasbro saber!!! Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by Causa View Post
    okay now I'm confused all over again

I'm talking about the wiring diagram being followed in this thread. The Hasbro 2010 board with the 5v regulator and the pnp transistor.

So you're saying that I need to also add in a buckpuck to get full brightness?

I'll stick with my 18500s then. 1 less thing to cram.
    No, you wouldn't need a Buckpuck. I believe Cardcollector simply mentioned Buckpucks because some people prefer to use a Buckpuck instead of a resistor. (Me, I've got three different kinds of Buckpuck, and have never found a use for one of them.)
    There's always a bigger fish.

Well, I just ordered the 18500's so...there you go

These should give me 7.4v and be able to deliver plenty of amperage for the rebel green led as well as the board and the regulator (which I think eats some amperage while reducing the voltage.)

Now to find that resistor calculator...

EDIT: mkay, found it.

So for my 7.4V pack, "The wizard recommends a 5.6 Watt capable or greater 3.9 ohm resistor." But this would mean that for the led, we are bypassing the 5V regulator.

For a 5.0V pack, "The wizard recommends a 2.6 Watt capable or greater 1.8 ohm resistor." I am assuming that this is the preferred setup, because a smaller resistor would be more battery efficient and would generate less heat? But it would also put more weight on the 5v regulator, since it's reducing for the board as well as the led, and the radioshack review for the 5v regulator said that it heats up a lot.
    Last edited by Causa; 05-11-2010 at 01:57 PM.

Default 2010 Cheapy sabers

OK this saber has instilled in me alot of confusion, so if I were to use a 6V battery pack a 5V reed relay with a P4 led with a resistor I could get it to work? Just trying to build it cheaply as possible and still have it light up decently without using a transistor

Jedi Council Member cardcollector's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Simply put, yes it will work with a relay.

Read this thread, it should answer a lot of questions...
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ad.php?t=10288
    Got a Question? There's a thread for that...
    ~Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.~Teddy Roosevelt

SollusVir everywhere else... FXsabers, Youtube, etc...

to get a sound system do you have to get it out of these Hasbro sabers?

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    Yes. I got three of mine at a deal of $16 a piece. I did buy the Obi-wan sabers, easier to gut out than the others. The wiring set up was pretty simple. I used the Reed Relay mentioned in other threads, and have not had an issue yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar View Post
    there are other options for sound but this is the cheapest..
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

cannibal i blew the sound on my vader board by charging the battery with the board still in circuit lol..

I just got the anakin style of this kind of sabers, i don't believe the sell them in the stores anymore, if anyone wants them you'll have to order them off the web. Heres the link to where i got mine http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Elec...8298116&sr=1-3

Jedi Knight
    Jedi Knight
    Zama City, Japan, Sol 3, Gould Belt, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster

Quote Originally Posted by Gungan TK421 View Post
    I just got the anakin style of this kind of sabers, i don't believe the sell them in the stores anymore, if anyone wants them you'll have to order them off the web. Heres the link to where i got mine http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Elec...8298116&sr=1-3
    first off, that was really bad necroposting. second off, there are a lot more up to date threads on this exact subject - such as the link in my sig. third off, with the new TCSS PC-L soundboards about to be released, we really probably shouldn't link to sources of other boards. (not like they can compete anyway) and fourth, those are the only ones left in the stores near me, so yes they're still in stores - your store probably isn't ordering more for whatever reason.
    CLICK HERE FOR ALL YOUR ECONO SOUND BOARD WIRING DIAGRAM NEEDS!

Duel - to fight someone 1 on 1. Dual - 2 of something in line with each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Multiple People
    To Azmaria listen you should...