Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Add-on board for adjustable LED driver schematic

Yes. 6A limit.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

Please do not assume this has any or all of the same functions as the d2flex. While the board may be the same these where setup and programed for this application.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Please do not assume this has any or all of the same functions as the d2flex. While the board may be the same these where setup and programed for this application.
    I was just wondering if the add-on could be used without the adjustable LED driver.

Is there a voltage drop across the add-on?

It sounds like during clash flash the controller will switch to 100% pulse or drive. Can we get an estimate on normal operation drive percentage?

Trying to formulate a setup.

Banned Sith Lord

sorry quick question. what is the Ma rating of the clash effect?

so lets say your running or over driving an LED at 1200 ma plus. will the board compensate for this and put more current out for the clash? because on the 3watt driver V2, it puts out 1200 ma for the clash.

UPDATE!

According to the manufacturer if it is set to say 1500 then it will pulse between a lower setting and 1500.

compliments of tim
    Last edited by DJMoonbass; 03-03-2010 at 11:09 AM.

Sorry, it's a lame question: I suppose the add-on has the same max voltage limit as the main driver, right?
    @DJMoonbass: this means the pulse/ clash flash is done by reducing the current? or is it that the base current is reduced with respect to the driver setting?

Banned Sith Lord

i think it pulses a max of 1500 then if set on 1500 it pulses less. im just assuming i cant be sure ive never used them. i plan to soon though.

Quote Originally Posted by vargose View Post
    I was just wondering if the add-on could be used without the adjustable LED driver.
    That's what the Luxeon 3W driver V2 is for. It provides 1000mA current along with the flicker and clash effects (though you need to add a 25¢ clash sensor for the latter).

EDIT: I just realized the link to the driver was completely wrong. (That was a link to a response to something I wrote about manga translation! )
    Last edited by Matt Thorn; 03-15-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    There's always a bigger fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Thorn View Post
    That's what the Luxeon 3W driver V2 is for. It provides 1000mA current along with the flicker and clash effects (though you need to add a 25¢ clash sensor for the latter).
    This is true, but this is far cheaper. If we can use it with a simple resistor instead of the adjustable driver.