Thread: '06 MR Obi-Wan disassembly

Default '06 MR Obi-Wan disassembly

I've converted a couple of Hasbro ROTS Obi-Wans with no problem, but now I'm doing a Master Replica Obi-Wan and can't get the chassis out. In his excellent tutorial, xwingband writes, "Slide the electronics out through the pommel end. This can be VERY difficult." In my case I've found it impossible. I can get the chassis down to where the tip of the tab that aligns the battery case is less than an inch from the bottom of the hilt, but it won't budge a bit further. I've tried pushing the chassis back up again, but it stops at the same spot when I try to push it down again. I can even twist the chassis inside the pommel a bit (with difficulty), but it seems to be caught on something. I spent the day hammering it various ways (and expecting the woman who lives below me to come up and complain), but it simply won't budge. Do I just need to take a sledge hammer to it, or is there something I'm missing?

Konfounded in Kyoto
    There's always a bigger fish.

Matt, there is a hard plastic sleeve between the blade-sound-card section of the chassis and the pommel where the batt pac is, you must remove that to slide out the blade-sound-card section. Use an Awl or small screwdriver to pry it out and the rest will just fall out with a little tap on the blade.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El Rah View Post
    Matt, there is a hard plastic sleeve between the blade-sound-card section of the chassis and the pommel where the batt pac is, you must remove that to slide out the blade-sound-card section. Use an Awl or small screwdriver to pry it out and the rest will just fall out with a little tap on the blade.
    I didn't even notice the sleeve. In every other MR I've disassembled, the sleeve had that "V"-shaped ridge for aligning the battery pack. This one was practically invisible. (That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.) You were of course right: the chassis just slid right out after I pulled out the sleeve. xwingband or a moderator might want to edit the tutorial to mention the sleeve.

Thanks, Kal El!
    There's always a bigger fish.

You're very welcome Matt, glad to read that it worked out forya.
    I'M JUST A SPY(LOL)