Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Presenting: Sadrith

Like loreen you dont seem to care what improvments could be had so I will just keep my oppinion to myself.
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex. - Albert Einstein

Reaganomics not Obamanomics

I actually like the general simplicity of this hilt. The weathering on the ribbed section is good and I like the Mara extension. Could do with having the round head screws in IMO.

Also maybe a bit of scorch weathering around the emmiter shroud.

Where is the switch set?
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

ribbed sectionhas nice weathering..

first thing caught my eye..

second thing was that terrible shroud! I think if you made it out of some thicker aluminum sleeve like sold in the store front it will look 10000% better

it will match the over all 'color' of the other mhs parts..

and being thicker will balance the saber and add texture with its layers/layering.

same style..etc that you have done.. just in AL overlay material.

I agree with Loreen the sleeve seems off with empty screw holes.

Towards ARKM: I shall listen to everyone's words, and take them into consideration for future builds, but I don't plan on changing this saber.

Towards all the other comments:
    I was planning to get the screws for the grooved extension, but I decided I like it better without the screws. Makes it more comfortable to hold.

The shroud is indeed the same shroud from Vissh, my sink tube saber. I agree that aluminum may help even out the look, but I don't think I would be able to line up the accent holes on the blade holder with freshly drilled ones on the new aluminum, because the original holes are all off just a little bit from any easily measurable point. That's really all that's holding me up.
    And I do intend to get a glass eye to replace that brass knob. Someday. Money's tight!
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    Towards ARKM: I shall listen to everyone's words, and take them into consideration for future builds, but I don't plan on changing this saber.
    Ah. The way you worded it made it sound like you would take any negative critiques as non-constructive (even if they were constructive) and would be offended by them and as such, stated what you did as to avoid anyone posting a negative sounding critique because you just "didn't want to hear it".

I am sorry for any offense to your character at my misinterpretation of your words. That said, it's a nice looking saber but I have some of the same issues with it that have already been stated.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

Quote Originally Posted by ARKM View Post
    Ah. The way you worded it made it sound like you would take any negative critiques as non-constructive (even if they were constructive) and would be offended by them and as such, stated what you did as to avoid anyone posting a negative sounding critique because you just "didn't want to hear it".

I am sorry for any offense to your character at my misinterpretation of your words. That said, it's a nice looking saber but I have some of the same issues with it that have already been stated.
    Oh, none taken, certainly. I realize that I do sound pretty concede in that first post. I'm just of the mind that it really only matters if I like my saber. Everyone else who likes it is just icing for the cake.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Banned Sith Lord

very well said eco! oh and congrats onece more on your new job!

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    Oh, none taken, certainly. I realize that I do sound pretty concede in that first post. I'm just of the mind that it really only matters if I like my saber. Everyone else who likes it is just icing for the cake.
    I wouldn't worry or justify yourself Eco.

I think alot of people feel that a certain amount of criticism will come their way when posting pics of their sabers. I got what you meant but some people may have taken that as arrogant.

Potatoes/ PotAtoes.
    Obi-Wan: "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman"

Anakin: " I thought I already did"

Obi-Wan: "Only in your mind, my very young apprentice"

Quote Originally Posted by Invisas1979 View Post
    I wouldn't worry or justify yourself Eco.

I think alot of people feel that a certain amount of criticism will come their way when posting pics of their sabers. I got what you meant but some people may have taken that as arrogant.

Potatoes/ PotAtoes.
    Couch/ Sofa.
    -Benjamin Franklin