Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Polished the MHS

maybe try that flitz stuff.

<center></center>

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side...

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Zhi-don

Now I'm gonna piss off a lotta people with this, but I am planning on painting my Luke #5 satin black. The front and rear lips will remain unpainted, but the main front section and the end section will be black. The middle section will be copper. The main section will be either polished aluminum or a chrome sink tube over the MHS. That will also be black after being machined into a grip section by Tim. The main section will have a cutout to show the grip ala Obi-wan EP1. I'm sure you get the idea with this pic:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...don/saber5.jpg

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Wow, not sure how I missed the continuation of this topic. Anyway, Zhi-don, are you talking about doing a main hilt like I did a while back? I'm not sure how many people have requested the grip grooves, but Tim's new MHS hilt piece looks to be an EXACT match for what I requested a couple months ago, down to the number of grooves and the spacing.[8D]

<center>
    http://www.members.shaw.ca/Jedi.Ranger/</center>

The funny thing is Todd...I designed a saber identical to yours while I was waiting for my forum registration to hit my mailbox. Seeing that baby polished is making me drool!

how do u polish stuff?

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="purple">Ah, back to the dumb questions again. We had hope for you.......[V]

Did you read the first part of this thread? Go back and do so and it should become more clear to you. Or more shining?</font id="purple"></font id="size3">[]

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

How long does the nice, shiny finish last? Is it easily messed up with regular use (fingerprints, etc) or is it pretty durable?

<hr noshade size="1">
    Blog at A Clone's Rest Stop
    Collection pics at A Clone's Paradise

i used mothers mag and aluminum polish and it works very fine, it keeps its shine, after a while u do have to repolish it

I DONT KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!!....LOUD NOISES!!!
    www.starwarscustoms.bravehost.com

yes because oils and dirt from your hands cause the shine to diminish, but the base polish will keep and it will only take a lite polishing to clean it up again.

<center></center>RJ: No, Hammy, not the cookie. I told you that cookie was garbage.
    Hammy the Squirrel: But I like the cookie.

Well, if I ever finish my saber I'll be sure to make nice and shiny.

<hr noshade size="1">
    Blog at A Clone's Rest Stop
    Collection pics at A Clone's Paradise