Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Polished the MHS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Sorry, it has a special type of li-ion battery that needs to be charged. It would be great if it could pull power off the USB port, but it doesn't work that way.[]

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Doh! Well then I will sit on my anticipation and look forward to seeing the pics.

<center></center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'll try to get better pics tomorrow... it's hard to get good light in the middle of the night.[xx(]

I polished the emitter and pommel, but not the ribs. It's mot an MHS, it's a stunt (beating stick) I had milled out, but you could easily make a similar one via the MHS.

</center>

Now I'm gonna piss off a lotta people with this, but I am planning on painting my Luke #5 satin black. The front and rear lips will remain unpainted, but the main front section and the end section will be black. The middle section will be copper. The main section will be either polished aluminum or a chrome sink tube over the MHS. That will also be black after being machined into a grip section by Tim. The main section will have a cutout to show the grip ala Obi-wan EP1. I'm sure you get the idea with this pic:

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...don/saber5.jpg

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Why would people be pissed... It's not like it's super accurate in the first place.[?]

</center>

Agreed, we all saw your design and know what your lookin for. Why in the world would anyone get pissed off? It says "Custom" saber shop on the door we may all use the same parts but it's what ya do with it that counts.

EDIT- Oh BTW xwing it's tomorrow, that thang looks good but now I want some more pics.[]

<center></center>

I was just kidding. I was thinking to myself, these guys are polishing the crap out of these things and it looks pretty cool, and here I am about to paint it. It just struck me as funny. I guess I used the wrong phraseology. I should have said, "It's gonna sound pretty funny, but I'm going to paint it."

Sorry about that.....I stand corrected....[:I]

Zhi-don Aquintas
    XO RL Sunrider Base
    Treasurer/Head Instructor
    Lightsaber training OCSWS

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by james3

EDIT- Oh BTW xwing it's tomorrow, that thang looks good but now I want some more pics.[]

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yeah, I know... I'll get on that.

EDIT: Pics!

I need a tripod... I actually pulled out a PolyC balde to hold my camera.[)]Hopefully the reflections can show you what it does to the aluminum, the matte unpolished grips versus the polished emitter.

</center>

nice[|)]

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

I polished this up quite a while ago....

<center></center>

Edit: James, they were polished by hand.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    Albert Einstein