Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Polished the MHS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Madcow

Sounds like someone's jealous...
    MC
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

A little.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by WeirdoTransvestite

You know what I think? I think he didn't really polish the hilt, and instead got it chrome plated. Then, he decided to make it seem like he put the work in to actually polish it, in order to earn praise. []<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

On the bottom of this thread (http://thecustomsabershop.com/sabers...?TOPIC_ID=1047), I posted a pic of the hilt with only metal polish applied. The emitter & ribbed section really benefit from a good sanding, but the lower "hilt" pieces are already very smooth. With just metal polish alone I was able to get the lower half very shiney. []

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by informalmyx

how did you setup to polish it the only polishng i hae done was with my dremel<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I didn't use a dremel at all on this project. It was all in the hands. [8D]

My collection:
    02' MR Anakin AOTC
    05' MR Anakin ROTS
    05' MR Luke ROTJ
    06' MR Maul TPM
    MHS 5w Luxeon (Green)

Where did you get the Simicrome? I know you can get it over the net but I was wondering if you got it somewhere local, just hate to spend 5-10 bucks on shipping for a $3 tube of metal polish. lol

You can also use Mothers Mag Polish... Available at Walmart.

EDIT-

Just saw this:

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Do-Clo

I have used Mother's aluminum polish on aluminum wheels before and I have turned machined wheels into to polished wheels with the polish and a buffing wheel. I wonder how well it would work on the MHS parts[?]
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

It will work just fine... []

Yea that Mothers is some good stuff works better than most of the stuff out there.

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

Oh... my... lord...

I have to do that to my saber!!! [][][]

Dang, this is starting to make me want to make something more along the lines of an Obi-Wan TPM saber.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

<font size="3"><font color="blue">Yeah, now I'm thinking about it, too.</font id="blue"></font id="size3"> []

In order to see the Light, you must sometimes risk the Dark.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I'm going to get the stuff tomorrow.[] Not for the MHS but an aluminum hilt anyway.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

The polishing is nice. Me likee... I will get pictures whenever my camera battery charges.

<center>Read the FAQ or x-wing won't be happy.
    Before posting did you check the Thread Index?.

</center>

shoot while it's on the cord dude I want to see that puppy[]

<center></center>