Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Polished the MHS

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by xwingband

I didn't know they went to 2000 grit <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

I used to use 3000 grit paper (foam) when I worked in the body shop.

It's more like 1/16" faom with a thin coat of very fine abrasive material on it.

Works Awsome for buffing cars!

Edit:
    Found a pic...

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!

If the metal has imperfections use 600grit then move to 1000 then 1500 then 2000. If you want to go farther i use 2500 and 3000trizact. The smoother the metal the easier the final polish will be. The folks at Eastwood sell some kits for doing it all. Here's a link to their metal polishing area:

http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?i...ORY&itemID=432

Tim's machining only requires 1000grit since his MHS hilts have light machine marks and the MR is a fast production cut and it is not as precise of a job as our man does!!!

The only problem with the 3000 Trizac is it coast 75 dollars for 15 to 20 pieces. But it is the stuff. I sand and polish my bowling equipment useing the same stuff

that looks awesome, todd! me want!

when i used to do auto detailing i'd use this type of clay block to make the metal surfaces of cars as smooth as a baby's butt. wonder if that'd help on machined metal too?

"Nothing's over until we decide it is...was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!!!!"

I have used Mother's aluminum polish on aluminum wheels before and I have turned machined wheels into to polished wheels with the polish and a buffing wheel. I wonder how well it would work on the MHS parts[?]

<center></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Darth Technous Sith Lord</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>
    <center><font color="red"><font size="4"><font face="Comic Sans MS">Give yourself to the Dark Side</font id="Comic Sans MS"></font id="size4"></font id="red"></center>

You know what I think? I think he didn't really polish the hilt, and instead got it chrome plated. Then, he decided to make it seem like he put the work in to actually polish it, in order to earn praise. []

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asuka Langley Soryu: I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you. I'll kill you.
    -End of Evangelion

Gott weiss ich will kein Engel sein
    -Rammstein

Sounds like someone's jealous...

Looks polished to me - I've got a few of mine to look almost that nice. And I don't think you can chrome plate aluminum, but firebird is the master of that domain.

MC

You want to go home and re-think your life

how did you setup to polish it the only polishng i hae done was with my dremel

<center><font size="1"><font color="maroon">Please read the FAQ and the Thread Index before you post.</font id="maroon"></font id="size1">

"Many claim to have found serenity, and through serenity to have overcome anger. Such arrogance is astounding."
    </center>

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Mi Gin Gonn

when i used to do auto detailing i'd use this type of clay block to make the metal surfaces of cars as smooth as a baby's butt. wonder if that'd help on machined metal too?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Claying only removes particles (that washing doesn't remove) from the paint surface, it doesn't actually polish it.
    FYI It's recommended that you Clay the finish of your vehicle once a year to keep it at it's best shine.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by Madcow

And I don't think you can chrome plate aluminum, but firebird is the master of that domain.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Yes you can Chrome Aluminum. You just have to Zincate it first.
    Some Harley Davidson parts are aluminum and have some of the highest quality Chrome on the market today.

Have you read your Thread Index today?
    FAQ
    Official Designated TCSS Jester!