Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: this guy is awesome.

Apparently J-Lo has forgotten how her fellow Italian feels about her...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Cool.

I have some experience with sword play but with the bright blade it's hard to tell at times how he's doing it. This really makes me want to get my saber running stable so I can try some stuff like this. Looks like so much fun.

I know the "twirling" aspect seems like it might be showy and not practical in combat but with control fancy spins can be a serious advantage in speed, efficiency, an intimidation when you're good with a blade. The momentum and use of proper stance can also add alot of power too.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadar Al'Niende View Post
    Apparently J-Lo has forgotten how her fellow Italian feels about her...
    There are a few paisano here, LDM and Novastar are two more of them.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

i feel better now...
    Every time Tim ships an order... an angel gets its wings

"Just get one and go nuts, that's how this hobby works. Get stuff. Go nuts. Period." ~FenderBender~

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Chambers View Post
    Cool.

I know the "twirling" aspect seems like it might be showy and not practical in combat but with control fancy spins can be a serious advantage in speed, efficiency, an intimidation when you're good with a blade. The momentum and use of proper stance can also add alot of power too.

Someone who is good may be able to get away with being showy but someone who is showy can't get away with not being good.

That said, nothing prevents someone from being showy and good...and as for the first part of it...that fella can really spin well!
    Last edited by Onli-Won Kanomi; 02-03-2010 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi-Loreen View Post
    Really?

I didn't think I was anyone's favorite person here.

Unless you were being sarcastic.

Some people here don't like me much at all.
    No, I've learned that if I don't do the eye roll emoticon, people don't understand when I am being sarcastic. You're my favorite BECAUSE some people don't like you much.

he's pretty good. The best I've seen did it with 2 sabers. I'd be a lot better too if it wasnt for my bad leg, it hampers my mobility somewhat

Funny thing about this thread is I didn't look at it for a while cuz I thought it was about how good DJ could spin..lol

In star wars reality spinning like this could deflect some serious blaster fire. One thing that bothers me a bit about comparing saber technique to metal blades is that sabers aren't limited to one or two edges.

what??..no shout out to DJMoonBass in the vid? (some friend he is!)

Banned Sith Lord

lol. i suck at spinning. why would I post myself, ?